Recent content by kettdevil1

1. kettdevil1

Who would you replace

It's also not about the overall percentage but how good they are at winning draws when it matters. So 10 seconds left, opposition NM pulled and you face a draw in your own zone. That's when a good Centre earns their money. Myers was a genius at making sure that those face offs didn't create a...
  2. kettdevil1

Signings Thread - All Teams 2022/23

Josh Tetlow off to Europe: https://www.panthers.co.uk/home/220513-tetlow
  3. kettdevil1

Panthers on the up.

He got a lot of criticism from fans but you can't argue with his record of winning silverware..... I see the point though, it does feel a little bit like moving backwards really - surely you would want someone new, whose faults aren't yet revealed? It's difficult to bill it as a new era if a...
  4. kettdevil1

New Devils Documentary

Enjoyed that, thanks for sharing. I am always fascinated by coaches in the dressing room, some come across a bit David Brent, others dominate through personality. Skalde seemed quieter than most, although to be fair the game went pretty much to plan.
  5. kettdevil1

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Interesting player - not one you would sign if you wanted physicality or any great defensive awareness but boy can he find the net. Saw him in the DEL and he reminded me of Jon Pelle in his awareness of exactly where to be on the ice. He would be 37 if he played here but worth a shot for one...
  6. kettdevil1

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

It will be interesting to see. Ryan Finnerty on Wally's podcast mentioned the fact that Sheffield's budget was "double the size of Belfasts", now whilst I would always take these things with a pinch of salt (and if that's the case then the Steelers' recruitment must be questioned), it could be...
  7. kettdevil1

Who we want and don’t want back for next season

Indeed - it's always entertaining looking at the GB u16s/18 rosters and seeing how many names you recognise....
  8. kettdevil1

They were crazy times.... https://be-by.facebook.com/Hockey-Fights-UK-408130252857569/videos/andy-bezeau-vs-ayr-scottish-eagles-bench-isl-1-4-00/248627513202239/ I can see Trumblay involved but I was talking about the player who throws the original check that proceeded the melee - the quality of...
  9. kettdevil1

I feel old!! It was bad enough seeing Cade Neilson being called into the GB squad!
  10. kettdevil1

Some tremendous players in that list, Lala was one of the best skaters I have ever seen, absolute joy to watch him play. Byram was great fun as well, took no nonsense and there was always an air of uncertainty about him. I am trying to remember who was Ayr player who provoked Andy Bezeau in the...
  11. kettdevil1

Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

OK I will bite..... Because this is the thread that records our victory against Belfast and the fact that we have moved away from the game to targeted criticism seems, at best, an odd thing to do. If people want to discuss Premier's coverage there are other threads. However, I would argue that...
  12. kettdevil1

That's really interesting - thanks, for me it is a far better measure than SOG
  13. kettdevil1

Continental Cup

Gary Barlow and Robbie Williams might well disagree about the failure of their solo careers....
  14. kettdevil1

Indeed although the counter argument is that it doesn't differentiate between quality of shots. The NHL records scoring opportunities (apologies, if the wording is different) but we don't have that in the EIHL.... for me that would be a better measure.
  15. kettdevil1

Second best in the EIHL, only Belfast conceded fewer goals