Recent content by jenks33

1. J

Huge weekend coming up

I have to say I think Aaron Fox always comes across very well in interviews. Never gets too high if they win and never goes over the top if they lose. Nothing arrogant or egotistic about him which is refreshing for a Sheffield coach
  2. J

Stars v Devils - 19 Jan 20 - League

Quite a refreshing interview. I feel Lordo can hold back in interviews after a rubbish performance but he’s clearly fuming.
  3. J

Just saw the goals. I have absolutely no pleasure in criticising bownsy as I love the guy but Christ he would want that first goal back. He’s really struggling
  4. J

As much as I’ve been critical of bownsy in recent weeks it also has to be said that we don’t create anywhere near enough on the road for a team going for the title. In 5 of our last 7 away games we’ve scored 2 goals or less. That just simply isn’t good enough. I mentioned this a couple of weeks...
  5. J

Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

I don’t think anybody expects perfection from a goalie but it’s only natural to expect better than what we’ve seen from Ben this season. I appreciate goalie stats aren’t always a true reflection but if you look at them this season they make for pretty ugly reading. In his previous four seasons...
  6. J

In my opinion it’s both. Bowns certainly hasn’t been the issue all season as we were very average until early December. Over the past 6 weeks though (apart from a few games early January) I feel the team have raised their performance levels but Bowns hasn’t. He’s letting in one or two incredibly...
  7. J

Sorry Wannabe I’ve always liked Bownsy but he hasn’t been at the races this season. To be honest I don’t think he was great last season either, he just had a brilliant play off final and an outstanding summer with GB. I’d still happily have Bowns back here next season but for me I just think he...
  8. J

I dread to think where we’d be without Haddad this season. He’s outstanding every weekend
  9. J

No meltdown from me Rich. I thought we played well and it was a great game. It’s just another 3 goals where Bowns has been beaten at his near post. Made Some nice saves as well but if you want to win the league your keeper has to make those saves
  10. J

Great game and a game we deserved something from. I’m sorry but it’s another poor night for Bowns. He would want 3 of those goals back. He made some nice saves in between but Duba certainly win the battle of the goalies
  11. J

I actually think Bowns has made some good saves overall but he would certainly want two goals back. The first goal is very soft - Richie was slow to spot Armstrong and then Bowns gets beaten at his near post.
  12. J

Huge weekend coming up

Fair play Steelers are great to watch going forward. Some brilliant attackers at this level and they score goals for fun. As a devils fan though I take a lot of heart when I watch the steelers at the other end of the ice. I appreciate Clan only scored one tonight and Duba has certainly improved...
  13. J

Huge weekend coming up

To be fair we’ve had similar issues. Maybe not as many injuries as Sheffield but when we’ve had injuries they’ve been to important players - Martin, Riley and Mcnamee. It’s not just the games missed as well, it obviously takes a number of games for these players to get back to their best. It...
  14. J

Storm Vs Devils - 11 Jan 20 - League

In my opinion Fournier and Richie have been nowhere near their best. I’m not saying they are playing badly but they haven’t been great. I respect your opinion though. Yeah maybe I’m being a bit harsh on Riley. Let’s hope he finishes the season well
  15. J

Storm Vs Devils - 11 Jan 20 - League

I watched the match on storm tv and as I said I was happy with the effort and it was a hard fought win. My concern is when I go through our roster and list the players that aren’t playing well or aren’t at their best. Bowns Fournier Richie Linglet Benti Riley Marjamaki (although he has...