Recent content by jenks33

1. J

Devils vs Clan - 15 Sept - League

Overall I’m satisfied with what I saw this weekend. I dread the first couple of domestic games after the CHL games as it’s a bit “after the Lord Mayors show”. Certainly things to work on but at least we got the two wins. Biggest disappointment for me this weekend was our second period tonight...
  2. J

I don’t think anybody would disagree with you from what we’ve seen so far. And apologies I meant DEL 2 not DEL
  3. J

Not sure predicting a 50+ point season for Mcnamee is sticking your neck out. He scored 49 points in 42 games in the DEL and was point a game in Denmark. He’s seen as ulmer’s replacement and Ulmer scored 50+ points in 2 out of 3 seasons with us. I expected Mcnamee to get 50+ points from day 1...
  4. J

Devils vs Flames - 14 Sept - CC

I thought Ferguson showed a lack of class in both fights. He had two or three extra digs when Pope and Reddick were flat out on the ice. Pope could really do with a goal and he deserves a goal. I’ve been impressed with his all round contributions so far this season. He’s throwing his body...
  5. J

Belfast @ Augsburg

Football fan mindset that has almost put you off hockey or football?
  6. J

Belfast @ Augsburg

I think this is my issue. By saying “Holy mother of God” it’s clearly a topic that riles you. As a Devils fan I don’t get why you care so much about the Giants in Europe. I’ve said that i haven’t been rooting for the giants in Europe but it doesn’t particularly bother me that much, Whether they...
  7. J

Belfast @ Augsburg

I find it hard to root for Belfast to be honest. And I would also find it hard to root for Sheffield. I don’t mind Nottingham, when we were in the CHL with them I was pleased to see them do well. Don’t get me wrong I totally get why others want the other EIHL teams to do well in Europe. Good on...
  8. J

Belfast @ Augsburg

Pleased they lost to be honest. Can’t stand them. I thought they played well though, especially without Pelech and Forsberg at the back. Owen faced a lot of rubber but Giants missed some great chances themselves
  9. J

Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept - CHL

Great win. Stand outs for me were Bowns, Jardine and bentivoglio. Will be interesting to see what happens with Sointu. He’s been great so far but will Lordo see him as a longer term signing.
  10. J

Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept - CHL

Agree with most of your post apart from the last sentence. I thought the score line flattered us to be honest. Our two goals came out of nowhere and they probably should have scored 6 or 7. I think it's a bit harsh when people say that certain fans are being unrealistic to expect better than...
  11. J

Mountfield HK vs Devils - 5 Sept - CHL

Tough night. We played a very good team but we didn’t do ourselves justice tonight. My expectations are pretty low when we play these CHL away games, I just hope we play well and with plenty of energy. I don’t think we did tonight though. I’ll take 5-2 all day long, they could have easily scored...
  12. J

Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept - CHL

Great win and fully deserved. It certainly wasn’t one of those victories where we were heavily outshot and relied on Bownsy. I thought we were the better team for the first 2 periods and they came back in the third when they were chasing the game. I thought that was arguably Linglet’s best 60...
  13. J

Belfast v ausburger

Could have gone either way that one. Another good performance from Belfast. Farnham is going to be interesting this year. There’s something of the Devin Didiomete about him. Clearly a better player than deeds but there’s definitely a screw loose there. Marjamaki needs to get under his skin when...
  14. J

Belfast v ausburger

If Pope thinks there’s a hooligan mentality to some UK hockey fans I hope he never plays in Germany. Augsburger fans are nuts!
  15. J

Devils vs Mountfield HK - 30 Aug - CHL

The offside. I haven’t seen a replay but definitely looked offside