Recent content by Huskie442

1. H

Alex Symonds back to Cardiff?

I know Stoney can't have too long left and this is a testimonial year for him, but has he actually said he was retiring?
  2. H

The future of the EIHL

I think from a media point of view, there is never going to be national terestrial coverage, but local coverage in areas where Hockey has a strong base should be possible. As I found out working at the BBC its not simple even to get things shown on local news, but it should be possible in time...
  3. H

Alex Symonds back to Cardiff?

Alex playing with the ENL and possibly on a 2 way, wouldn't suprise me in the least now, great idea for all too, I would think.
  4. H

Voth vs Mcmorrow

If I was a neutral Rempel16 I would definately want to see the fight, but from my perspective as a Devils fan, I tend to think that McMorrow probably is a good enough enforcer to cause us problems and put us off our game if we concentrate on him (and that is what he is trying to do with his...
  5. H

The future of the EIHL

While writing an overly complicated reply yesterday, I got a phone call offering me a new job and lost my train of thought. On re-reading what I had written, I came to realise that I have been missing the point and was actually beginning to prove to myself that the import limits, regardless of...
  6. H

Voth vs Mcmorrow

Don't get me wrong, Voth is effective as a physical force and a force for good for the Devils far, far, more often than he loses it and gets himself a ban, but I dont think McMorrow is an idiiot like Knight or Sharpe either and it tends to be those guys that get Brad in trouble by going way...
  7. H

Devils Sick and Injured

Smith limped off late in the game against the Panthers and didnt play last weekend, hopefully its not serious. If we had 4 players ill as well then I will reconsider some of my comments from last weekend in Sheffield, I thought we were pretty bad on the Saturday and in the Hockeyfest, but maybe...
  8. H

The future of the EIHL

Fair enough! I dont know enough about the case, but its a mine field thats for sure. But havent we changed the rules now, so that you can have as many players as you like on contract being payed, but not selected to play (see Panthers last year) and hasn't that got round the issue. I think the...
  9. H

Voth vs Mcmorrow

I think we are massively under estimating McMorrow, he has a record that goes back 10 years and only involves the OHL/NHL/LNAH/and 6 Seasons in the AHL where he has picked up 3 personal awards. Those are the leagues you would want your enforcer to have played and he has consistently taken on...
  10. H

The future of the EIHL

Did this case ever get decided one way or the other?
  11. H

The future of the EIHL

Further to my previous post, having argued in favour of import restrictions, I must admit I don't really think the rule stating that the diference between a Brit and an import comes down to where you were trained, would hold up. Personally if I had the purse strings and controlled the league I...
  12. H

The future of the EIHL

Descriminating against EU born players, or any Canadian who has access to a EU passport (which is an awful lot of them), or even anyone who fits the Kolpak rulings is illegal, an official import ban would be illegal, but a league choosing to not PLAY more than 10 imports at at any one time...
  13. H

The future of the EIHL

Trouble is Jacko/El Supremo, that without the "Illegal import rules" and the similar situation with the "Wage cap", which you would have to remove in order to bring in the extra imports, you will get the ISL. I loved the ISL but it was unsustainable as a league and it would be again. As soon as...
  14. H

Hockeyfest - Live on UKHL

Well ok , this tournament wasn't perfect, but I saw lots of positives and agree that it would be great as part of a weekend at the start of the season. I must admit I did get into it after a slow start and I wanted to win it too, so I was very disapointed with the Devils.....we were pretty bad...