Recent content by Hedd Wyn John

1. Hedd Wyn John

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

Spot on. Belfast when they win the league just rack up the points vs Nottingham & Coventry. Plus for all the talk of rivalry between Sheffield & Nottingham there isn't actually much of one. Sheffield win nearly all their games vs Nottingham. Someone posted the Sheffield v Nottingham stats on...
  2. Hedd Wyn John

Yeah, it's our games vs Nottingham, Coventry etc where we just didn't show up that cost us in the league.
  3. Hedd Wyn John

THE FINAL

Sheffield should win this given the quality they have.
  4. Hedd Wyn John

Well looking at the messaging between all clubs the Devils have always sounded very bullish on winning silverware. We certainly don't get that level of messaging from a lot of teams in the league. It's one thing to say "we want to compete for trophies" another thing to say "we aim to win...
  5. Hedd Wyn John

If that is the case and I believe there is some merit to that argument then surely the club needs to manage expectations around silverware. The club is giving out the message that it expects silverware. If limited budgets due to a small rink means the Devils are destined to rarely compete for...
  6. Hedd Wyn John

Ultimately we haven't had a team good enough to expect silverware this year & that hasn't been a one-off year. The 3 teams we've had post-covid have been a shadow of our Andrew Lord era teams. The Belfast Giants of the last couple of years have been the best in the league but this year they've...
  7. Hedd Wyn John

Belfast were well drilled and stuck to our players like glue all night. They were the better team & always looked more dangerous. Even when it went down to 3 on 3 the Devils just couldn't seem to produce many grade A chances & had to resort to low percentage plays, which Belfast dealt with. Had...
  8. Hedd Wyn John

Spending a lot of time defending in front of our net. Big final period needed.
  9. Hedd Wyn John

Merch

I bought 1 or 2 sockeys a few years ago when we were in the CHL. They were decent. Ideal for wearing around when you don't feel like putting on a jersey.
  10. Hedd Wyn John

Parking

I've been keeping this as my 'secret' parking spot but since we are going to be in parking chaos. I'll give up my spot. Literally 2 minutes walk past Wilcox house is a empty car park with no enforcement. I reckon theres at least 50 spaces and its always empty in the evenings. The address is...
  11. Hedd Wyn John

Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th March 24 - FO 19:30

Poor game tonight, neither side were great but so many squandered chances and loose defending from the Devils. I hope they lift their game for Sunday.
  12. Hedd Wyn John

Parking

Nicking disabled spaces is annoying for sure but my other pet peeve is definitely people sitting in the driver seat and messing about when the car park is full. Technically nothing wrong with it of course... but when you're desperate to find a space, are they staying or going?!
  13. Hedd Wyn John

Devils v Panthers - League - 24th Mar 24 - FO 1600

That 5 minute major & the 2 goals conceded really swung the momentum of the game but you're right. A whole bunch of players switched off and Chad isn't too blame for that.
  14. Hedd Wyn John

Devils v Panthers - League - 24th Mar 24 - FO 1600

Yeah lots of loose passes and sloppy clearances plus at times on the PK we almost had a death wish by pushing up too aggressively and getting caught out.