Recent content by Gospel

1. G

Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Step up as in terms of getting a start. Your reading too much into what i said. As for Rutkiss, check his ice time when hes been on the bench, look at our 4th line over the last couple of years, Lord didnt use them. He trundles out our top guys time & time again. This season our 4th line has...
  2. G

Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

Looking at the highlights in the cold light of day, 4 out of the 5 Panties goals came from our own mistakes in areas we shouldn't be making mistakes. We are over committing guys to situations and you normally only do that when you don't trust your team mates to get the job done. That's leaving...
  3. G

Stars v Devils - 19 Jan 20 - League

pivotal weekend for the league title and we came up short and unless we can change things up we can forget about any silverware this season. How many games have we played against teams who have had short benches and either lost or struggled? For a team that was said to be faster, stronger &...
  4. G

Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

Thats a game we should have won, but too many defensive mistakes mainly made by ourselves cost us. I agree that i think Bowns would want at least 2 of those goals back. We are currently relying on 2 or 3 players offensively to score & Haddad & Dixon are carrying this team at present...
  5. G

Devils Vs Steelers - 18 Jan 20 - League

The Devils have been shambolic at times tonight defensively. Turn over, give aways, trying smart arse passes that havent worked & a lot in our own D zone. Some of our forwards couldnt hit a barn door with a shot tonight to. Big 3rd period need if we want to win this game.
  6. G

Storm Vs Devils - 11 Jan 20 - League

This team hasnt been performing to its potential post CHL. Players have been below par and have been criticised on here by posters (including me) then people jump on the posters for whatever they post now reasons are being put forward, ie, different line mates etc. Who puts those lines...
  7. G

This Friday

I hope they batter each other to pieces firstly, however you would have to hope for the Giants to win. However the result will make no difference if we cant up our own game to where we know it can be and start getting our 'big' guns scoring again.
  8. G

Devils Vs Flyers - 05 Jan 20 - League

After 2 periods we are playing poorly. Theres no fluidity, a lack of intensity & some very poor defensive play. Bowns is being hung out again. Flyers have a depleted team as well but I can see the Flyers nicking this in the 3rd
  9. G

Storm Vs Devils - 04 Jan 20 - League

This is what would have happened but this isnt Lords style of play/coaching sadly. We’ve been told that the players arent on a leash but if thats the case why arent the players (apart from Dixon) hitting? We have a line of Myers & Batch both of whom can hit & we know Batchy can take care of...
  10. G

Storm Vs Devils - 04 Jan 20 - League

Where to start! Is there illness in the Devils camp? So many players have dropped down 2 or 3 gears the last couple of weeks co pared to where they were a month ago. We are again looking for that perfect pretty goal again, too much passing at a pace that the junior Devils could play at which...
  11. G

Devils Vs Blaze - 01 Jan 20 - League (4 FO)

The guys looked beat today, no energy & always way way behind the pace. Blaze looked far fresher for some reason. We tried to up the pace but it never happened. We were unable to lift the crowd with a big hit or anything come to that. Poor game. Lets hope its a one off and we’re not falling back...
  12. G

Devils Vs Giants - 18 Dec 19 - CC 1/4 final

Best team performance for a long long time. The difference between last night & previous weeks is the accuracy & speed of passing & generally the overall pace the team played at. Still one or two turnovers in our own D and on another day we would have been punished. What also helped was that...
  13. G

Devils vs Clan - 01 Dec 19 - League

What a difference a week makes! Every player looked 2 steps quicker than last week, they looked to battle harder, the passing was much better, slicker & quicker a d they actually got bodies in front of goal and shot the puck then were first to the juicy rebounds. Outstanding game by Dixon...
  14. G

Devils Vs Giants - 23/24 Nov 19 - League

Bit of a shit show this weekend & we got lucky just to get a point. Giants beat us to nearly every loose puck all weekend, they out muscled us for the majority of the time & knew exactly how to play us but more importantly how we would play & how we wouldnt change style. Too many fancy passes...
  15. G

Devils Vs Flyers - 17 Nov 19 - League

I thought for the first 45minutes the Devils were looking to score that perfect goal again, almost trying to walk it in the net. Flyers were able to deal with that almost without any problem. When we started to move the puck a bit quicker and shooting for distance and different angles we got the...