Recent content by Glover

1. G

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

I expect those who didn't want any of the current team back will be disappointed. For the majority of us it's fantastic news and a great start to the weekend!!
  2. G

Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

What a great performance especially from Bownsey. Who said that Belfast can't be stopped at the moment?
  3. G

Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

Is it possible to swear at the refs as much as the Belfast players and coaching staff are doing? Most other sports would see action taken against them
  4. G

Devils Vs Panthers - 13 Apr 19 - Play Off Semi Final Spectacular

Two best teams are in the final. Was a bit concerned that Nottingham would turn up like they usually do at play-off weekends (and all the fans as well) but the boys were brilliant.
  5. G

Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

*edited as original post removed* Think he needs read Todd's comments in the programme. We should ignore him wannabe
  6. G

Devils Vs Steelers - 6 & 7 Apr 19 -Play Off Quarter Finals

Replace all of the players? Did I miss something and we finished in the bottom two? I thought, despite last week's disappointment, we finished on the same number of points as the champions. Hardly the disaster people are making out on here.
  7. G

Blaze Vs Devils - 31 Mar 19 - League .. decider?

I find it funny people saying that we bottled it and Belfast haven't. Of course to some extent it is very true but if we did pick up the point we needed yesterday no doubt Giants fans would be saying their team "bottled it" this season when they lost to one of the "bottom" teams, Manchester, a...
  8. G

The moaners on here were complaining it was boring winning all the time and were considering cancelling their season tickets. Will they be back next season as we're not as invincible as the Steelers (or how they think they are)
  9. G

Of course we're all disappointed and offer congratulations to Belfast. But come on will some people stop overreacting. We lost the league on games won and for the fourth season in a row have finished in the top 2. Some of us are acting like Steelers fans that we have a right to win everything...
  10. G

The End of the Edinburgh Capitals

Thanks for that Finny. When I started going to ice hockey Murrayfield but I remember the play off final matches on the BBC
  11. G

The End of the Edinburgh Capitals

Apologies if I'm missing the obvious but do the original Murrayfield fans boycott the Caps. Of course results will mean that people will stop going but did the Caps ever get the crowds which Murrayfield did? If not why not? Why is there this feeling that Murrayfield fans will return en masse...
  12. G

Devils v Storm - Wed 21 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

The problem is when we have done that in the past we have flopped at the Play Offs. We still need to keep up the momentum towards the play-offs. The season then finishes and the players can then rest. It's not fair on people who pay to watch them during the last few league games and the...
  13. G

When Did You Start Watching?

First watched them on TV during the classic 1990 final against Murrayfield. Lack of internet meant following them was a bit difficult but first came to watch them live at the beginning of the League championship 1996/97 season. 5-1 win against Manchester Storm. Loved everything - exciting...
  14. G

Cardiff Devils v Nottingham Panthers - Sun 22 Oct2017 - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Awesome performance and with four of our better players out too. I too thought Piggott also deserved MOM but hattricks don't come along often and Mo has had his critics recently so was the right choice. This shows what sport is like sometimes playing rubbish and the playing great. Of course...
  15. G

Devils Vs Manchester Storm - Sun 24 Sep 2017 - League - Chat/Updates

Everyone was annoyed after the Panthers stuffed us at home last season but at least they were a good side. I might be wrong but I don't remember the Storm side from the late 90s beating us by that many at home. Very disappointing and from a very selfish point of view glad I didn't come up to...