Recent content by Fleury29

1. F

Last Signing

Weller didn't fight simply because he didn't need to, his presence WAS enough, it protected the players very well. Whenever something started to kick off, Weller would approach and it stopped
  2. F

Learning to Skate

Its Adam Bailey :)
  3. F

Cardiff 'fan' banned

Well said, 'fan' was totally in the wrong. Although i don't agree with what Olson and Co were doing elsewhere and the subsequent Zero bans, he just did what anyone would do when the idiot ran up to him and protected himself (and i'm glad he didn't get banned for that reason, should've been...
  4. F

Signing an NHLer a no brainer???

It won't happen, this deal proposal is still basically insulting to the players, yeah there's a 50/50 split but the other terms are terrible. The UFA and contract terms are unacceptable. The NHL are fully aware that the NHLPA will turn down the offer and it'll make the PA look like the bad guys...
  5. F

NHL Signings...

Very unlikely any NHLers will join. Ragan has said himself none would be coming, there's no money for them and he certainly wouldn't sign one if attendances fell. Quite the opposite, the only chance of signing anyone would be if attendances rose therefore raising some cash. A first or second...
  6. F

Complaint about Planet Ice that will impact on OUR Club.

I'm always very polite thanks, there is one there that is rude no matter how polite and friendly you are.
  7. F

Complaint about Planet Ice that will impact on OUR Club.

Some of the staff at the rink are so rude, there's one on the desk that acts like you're there to ruin their day and most of the time just grunts if you ask a question. So unprofessional
  8. F

New signing being announced tomorrow

Yeah could be Stamkos haha 8-) sounds like it will actually be a player now and not just a John Lawless appearance. I stand corrected!
  9. F

New signing being announced tomorrow

Re: New signing being announced tommow Unfortunately i think you'll find its just John Lawless making an appearance at the games this weekend, not an actual signing
  10. F

Phil Osaer

Experience really bud, having played and coached. I speak to NHL & AHL goalies and goalie coaches often. It's far better and safer to catch the puck in the first instance, either then freezing it or distributing it to a defenceman, than try to deflect it into the corner for your D to battle for...
  11. F

Phil Osaer

Sorry but goalies are never told to deflect the puck instead of catch it, if the opportunity is there to catch the puck then the Coach would want that to happen and so would the netminder. You can't tell a goalie how to make his saves in that way, its not how it works. Deflecting the puck into...
  12. F

Ice problems.

Pad is being painted on the Monday (10th)
  13. F

Thoughts on new players

His new gloves only came in a couple of days ago so his catcher hasn't broken in yet, thats why he was using the black one instead of the matching white and red Bauer
  14. F

Any games down the tent this weekend?

On Saturday the Comets play Basingstoke at 4:30 then the Eagles play the Hounds after that, followed by the Lightning playing Coventry at 10pm
  15. F

Craig Weller

Considering my post a week or so ago about Phil Osaer seemed to work :P i thought i should just mention phase 2 of the masterplan, Craig Weller. If G signs him up then i honestly believe with G's wheeling and dealing in finding diamonds in the rough and re-signing guys worth keeping, the...