Recent content by Ejercito Rojas

1. E

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

That’s the drawback when you sign up players then attempt to drip feed them over a period of weeks. None of the new players were a complete surprise when announced because it’s just too difficult to keep their identities under wraps for weeks at a time. Don’t get me wrong, they’re all great...
  2. E

This seasons Jerseys, What you think?

Sorry, but they’re awful!
  3. E

New signing to be announced NOW

Just stick a Christmas tree up in his apartment when he gets ther next week! Simples!!
  4. E

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All Teams 2018/2019

Put simply, Martinelli would not be a ‘good fit’ for the Devils because he isn’t good enough!
  5. E

Toughness ......

Whilst I understand we're talking hypothetically, it's almost impossible to answer your question without knowing who the hypothetical tough guy is? If the tough guy is someone like Garret Klotz, then the answer would be I wouldn't cut anyone. If however, Steve King was to persuade fellow...
  6. E

Andrew Hotham

Offer him a player/asst. coach position and groom him to replace Lord for when he undoubtedly moves on in a couple of seasons!
  7. E

CHAMPIONS!

3peat!!!
  8. E

Devils v Panthers - Sun 11 Feb 2018 - League - FO 6pm - Chat/Updates

Another display of relentless attacking hockey. Yes, Panthers were a shambles but we pressured them all over the ice, especially down low and they just couldn't get any puck time and they couldn't get out of their zone. We had them chasing pucks and pulled them all over the ice so much that we...
  9. E

Devils v Steelers - Wed 7 Feb 2018 - C Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg

That was Undoubtedly the best performance I have seen from the Devils in the 30 years I have been watching! When you take into account the opposition, the goal deficit to overcome and the fact that it was a do or die cup semi-final tie, that was the greatest come back win in the Devils history...
  10. E

Cardiff Devils v Coventry Blaze - Sat 27 Jan 2018 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

From what I recall Pacquette dropped the gloves and wanted to go with Strachan but kept his face cage firmly on his head. Strachan gestured to Pacquette to remove the cage if he wanted to fight, which Pacquette refused initially until th linesmen an ref moved in between them. Then Pacquette...
  11. E

Cardiff Devils v Guildford Flames - League 14/01 @ 18:00 - Chat/Updates

Correct decision, from where I was sitting it never looked like a head shot to start with. Great open-ice check on Stewart, who was understandably dazed and good to see that the ‘first response’ from Myers made sure that there was no immediate choking. Great that no lasting damage to Stewart...
  12. E

Simms!?

I’m not easily offended but I understand that others who read this forum may be. Particularly when you bear in mind that the ice hockey community at large has been actively promoting diversity awareness this season. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think the above is adding anything to the debate.
  13. E

When Did You Start Watching?

First game was home to Deeside Dragons 1988. I remember they had a huge (fat) d-man who was as mobile as a double wardrobe but liked a bit of the rough stuff! Also remember games against the Medway Bears were the must see fixtures as they had Luc Chabot at the time and he was a fantastic goal...
  14. E

Belfast v Sheffield double header

Our difficulties at Dundee may have been more to do with our patchy form at that time though as not many teams have had much difficulty beating them since. In fact, Dundee have only managed to win one game against inter conference rivals in their 14 outings since our defeat there!
  15. E

Belfast v Sheffield double header

I stand to be corrected the amount of ‘in conference’ games, however my main bone of contention is the uncompetitive Scottish teams getting hammered on a regular basis devalues the league as a whole. Whilst there is always going to be the occasional ‘freak result’ by and large games against...