Recent content by Devildrums

1. D

Can anyone help?

As Dave has said, it is a junior Devils jersey (the senior team wore jerseys of the same design but the junior title sponsor was Coca Cola, whereas the senior team were sponsored by Thomson (the holiday company). The jerseys were manufactured by Metzen, a German company, and the senior jerseys...
  2. D

Random question on old Trophies

You're absolutely correct about the snow, water and ice condition. It's entirely feasible that the condition may have been subsequently varied - I hasten to add that I have no inside knowledge on this, but from a legal perspective the parties may have agreed to alter the condition. I'd like to...
  3. D

Random question on old Trophies

I recall that when the WNIR closed, there was an auction in Gretzky's of a lot of the items, such as framed photos and caricatures that hung on the walls. I think some of the boxed jerseys may have been auctioned too. It's a long time ago, but I think it may have coincided with "Drink the Bar...
  4. D

Mike Macwilliam

Thought I'd post, as my name's been mentioned - I don't own a Devils MacWilliam but was aware of how few were made. His jerseys from other teams are rarely seen - in all my years of collecting, I've only come across a St John Maple Leafs and Adirondack Red Wings (I own both).
  5. D

Regan Darby jersey?

Regan was good friends with Rejean Stringer and recommended that he join us - that was a great move, as Stringer was a fantastic player and influential in securing long awaited silverware - the Challenge Cup in the two-legged final v Coventry. Regan was a proper character and a really nice guy...
  6. D

CHL jersey for sale

PM sent
  7. D

Final Squad Predictions

Jeff Ulmer played for the Bingo Sens in their inaugural season and he scored the first goal for the franchise. I believe he still keeps up to date with team events, writing articles for a team blog. He's an excellent player and has proven himself consistently over the years in all the different...
  8. D

Devils biggest Monster Hits

The Kirk Dewaele hip check was against David Kaczowka of Coventry Blaze in the 2005/06 season. There is an excellently timed photo of this - Kaczowka's skates facing the ceiling and his head facing the ice :D
  9. D

Shirt off his Back - opening weekend in IAW

The current plan for this weekend is a red Haddad shirt and a black Russell shirt but we won't know until tomorrow which order they are in - that's largely down to Lordo as he decides which strip we'll be wearing on a given night. Those are both nice shirts to win though, so I hope people will...
  10. D

Shirt off his Back - opening weekend in IAW

Hi all, Just want to give everyone a quick "heads up" regarding Shirt off his Back in advance of this weekend's games in IAW. Pre-game, Viv and I will be selling tickets from fixed positions - Viv will be on the SOHB stand which will be located at the concourse level above and behind the...
  11. D

Shuttle bus

That press release is from last season - it's not an error as to the date of the Braehead game - that would have been the correct date last year.
  12. D

Shirts for sale

PM sent
  13. D

4pm face off

A 4pm face-off for Sundays would also mean that volunteers need to be at the arena at approximately 2pm, so this wipes out a significant part of the day and means lunch is much more rushed. I can appreciate the aims in bringing the time forward but a leap of two hours is pretty extreme. I think...
  14. D

BLACK MORISSETTE GAME WORN JERSEY 2013/14

Frontiersman25 - please read your PMs.
  15. D

The jersey auction

The Haddad went for the bargain price of £180.