Recent content by DaveSmith

1. D

Riley retires!

Yes. Sort of. Team Canada in the Spengler Cup is very different to the Team Canada you see at the World Championships and Olympics.
  2. D

Devils Vs Panthers - 22 Jan 20 - CC Semi Final

I have just looked at aforementioned ‘Neil Westlake’ on Twitter. His posts are comical, like he thinks people care for his essays. If you’re a Devils fan and want to slate the opinions on the inferno surely on here is the place to do it rather than being a self righteous little bitch on Twitter...
  3. D

Of those who have the new jerseys

I did think it was a great gesture by the club. But then I also thought why was there such a fuss in the first place? I mean this evening isn’t aimed at solely at kids, who would surely be the ones justified to be upset, grown adults surely could get over getting a replica jersey a little late...
  4. D

Frolunda

I think we need to take a game to OT to go through. Even that is a huge ask. It’s the hockey equivalent of Barry Town v Real Madrid. But miracles do happen, you never know.
  5. D

Sointu?

Unless we are going to be short long term I wouldn’t keep Sointu at all.
  6. D

Standing Area

If numbers are interested a whole end of standing would be quite something. It was as anticipated obviously a huge success, it just needs to be bigger. Without being divisive with football fans; something like the Devils own version of the Kop or the old Grange End.
  7. D

Devils vs Blaze - 28 Sept 19 - CC

Yes it’s enough. You aren’t meant to shoot much on the power play.
  8. D

Change at Steelers

And only one signing not working out, after such a huge turnover is quite impressive.
  9. D

Devils vs Clan - 21 Sept 19 - League

I would say we have downgraded. Pedigree wise and from what I have seen so far Schiestel is a far superior player to McMonagle and Jardine. And we wanted him back, so in theory Lord thought so too during the summer. I don’t understand why we are comparing Schiestel to Weller and Strachan. He...
  10. D

Blaze vs Devils - 22 Sept 19 - CC

I hope we don’t. I just don’t rate him.
  11. D

Maybe because we aren’t as good as you thought we were? This team aren’t the wet dream we sometimes think they are. We are up there with the top teams as and there isn’t much between us and them. We certainly aren’t the mutts nuts, and they certainly aren’t what you would call ‘pretenders’. But...
  12. D

We had no choice in keeping him. Coventry offered him a uni course we don’t have on offer that he wanted to do.
  13. D

Standing Area

Seems the players are keen to stand at games too.
  14. D

Devils vs Clan - 21 Sept 19 - League

Outworked. Glasgow are not a better team, they just wanted it more. I think 4 of their goals came from their aggressive forecheck causing us to cough it up. Well done to them. Fitzgerald had them executing a perfect road game.
  15. D

Jersey update

Old supplier was in a sweat shop in Pakistan, the new one is in Europe.