Recent content by CaldicotDevil

1. C

Viola arena no more? (IAW is back)

Agree, we're well down in the pecking order in terms of quality however I thought NHL may of sniffed at it considering it's the same language and with 67mil people it's a large potential market size. Also agree on the prospects however it wasn't too long ago you never saw Germans in the NHL...
  2. C

Its all a bit odd seen as locally Ice Hockeys a fair superior standard than AF. However I think the NFL sees the UK as a main market out side NA hence the investment. More people are watching AF and lot more playing the sport than ice hockey. Hopefully the NHL shows the same enthusiasm as the...
  3. C

Think the biggest reason why it's a success on Sky is because most NFL games are played Sunday midday so they're shown 6pm roughly at night on Sky. I had Premier Sports but gave it up as I never stayed up to watch games. In fairness to the NFL they've really pushed to grow the game in the UK...
  4. C

Raffle..

Agree, IMO our recent successful core players like; Martin, Bowny, etc shouldn't get their jerseys retired but I think we need a way of honouring what they've done for the club. Apart from Richie, i think his jersey should be retired.
  5. C

New Devils coach found!

Never doubted the C4. Like I said I'm surprised they took on a coach now, even if he's not getting paid he'll be on some kind of retainer. My guts feeling is it was a coach too good to turn down, Excited to find out next week.
  6. C

New Devils coach found!

I was thinking more from a cost saving point of view. With the season cancelled I'm surprised the club have took on another overhead with a coach. However credit to the owners if they did, be a huge boost for recruitment next year.
  7. C

New Devils coach found!

Really surprised by the timing of this considering the season been canned. Guessing its a recently retired player who's happy to have some time off before moving into coaching.
  8. C

Mosey moves on

Cases are going up but deaths and admissions to hospitals are still remaining extremely low. Its still a serious disease and we still need to be caution. However we do need to think about life after covid. I don't want Wethersooons being only pub / restaurant surviving covid or Greggs the only...
  9. C

Upcoming season thoughts

Not surprised, last month they were encouraging us to go back to the pubs and eat out to help out, go back to gym, school and Uni. Don't work from home anymore and go back to the office because Pret A Manger were struggling to sell overpriced sandwiches. Now they're blaming the country because...
  10. C

And now it's Richie

Saw yesterday Hazeldine has moved aboard from the Panthers. If he can find a club aboard our other brits could too.
  11. C

And now it's Richie

Great to see Brits getting opportunities and attention from aboard. I've always been confident we'd have some kind of season but when you see players like Richie leave then it pretty much confirms the 20/21 seasoms cancelled.
  12. C

OFFER

Like I said theres definitely cheaper options but it may not suit how the shop operates. I don't work for the shop & don't know Corky. I just thought with everything going on with Covid that a niche sports retail business would certainly be feeling the brunt of it. That's why I thought...
  13. C

OFFER

I empathise with Corky on this as we find the same thing in work. Unless you send a lot of parcels (300+) a month you struggle to get good shipping rates from most couriers. £7 will always look expensive next to Amazon Prime. Most of the cheaper post office options don't come with tracking and...
  14. C

OFFER

Strange post, do you expect the Devils to post it for free and make a lose? £7 is on average what most couriers charge.
  15. C

Todds Q&A

Very professionally done, Todd didn't avoid any questions. Talking points, Tony Smith is leading the charge to get the league back. Viola went bust owing the Devils and other sports team a lot of money. However the Devils and the arena are ok. 70 plus applicants for the coaching job. With...