Recent content by beachbum4034

1. B

Simmsey stirring the pot ! On 2 ales and hockey tales

It's 100% accurate. But that season in general, Pope and Ragan have become the "we don't talk about it" of The Cardiff Devils. It's been skimmed over by 2ales and hockey tales (on previous episodes) and I don't think it's ever been mentioned on Behind the Bench with Franny other than obviously...
  2. B

"Brent Pope, Weirdest guy you could ever wish to meet. He screwed it up for most people in Cardiff that year" 44mins 30 seconds in.
  3. B

I thought it was a great listen to be honest. Like or Loathe Simmsey he's a hell of a story teller (in my opinion) and he is feverishly loyal to his club which I can only commend him for. Regarding the stirring with the Netminders as has been pointed out above: a) There was no benefit of any...
  4. B

Nottingham today

Thanks for the replies all. As I'm hoping my post shows, I'm not 'having a go' just pointing out that I personally was shocked of how different the Game Night coverage was on the social media channels. It absolutely makes sense if there has been a loss in terms of key staff in that area. I know...
  5. B

Nottingham today

I don't know if this has been debated/covered/explained before, but what the hell has happened to the Devils social media presence? I've had to look at the panthers social media accounts both nights as the Devils account was dormant. They didn't even tweet when we scored and didn't say who had...
  6. B

2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

I've been reading all the posts about roster size and I can't help thinking this is a league decision predominantly about sustainability of all 10 clubs. The introduction of a salary cap [though I'd love to see how the intent to police it] and a reduced bench size are clear indicators that...
  7. B

Increased activity outside IAW …..

I have to agree entirely following Bojo's hysterical yet worrying press conference yesterday. Even after the bbc had sifted through his blundering and tried to make him look coherent his quoted message was nothing short of farcical. He basically said "We're gonna go for it in July, even though...
  8. B

Any updates on our Devils players in Europe

It's conceivable that I'm just a moron, but can someone please explain to me in simple terms what on earth the 'Ben Bowns - Austria' section of the Devils provided update (https://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-players-europe-where-are-they/) actually means? The regular season is over for...
  9. B

New CHL format for 20/21

Hi, just a quick reply. I enjoy the podcast, particularly because I'm an exiled Devils fan to it's great to have that Devils chat even if it's one way. Regarding the CHL change, I understand why they have done it and it makes the most sense both in terms of player/fan safety and it also gives...
  10. B

Tickets on sale monday for cc final.

Had a trio of tickets selected.....on 4 separate occasions. Clicked 'Add to Basket and Go To Checkout'. Then got 'Theres nothing in your basket'. Oh well maybe the squeelers wont sell all their tickets and they'll be another free-for-all in a week or so.
  11. B

Couple of Devils stats

For my 2 penneth worth I think a lot of the criticism for Linglet is due to the fact that he was utterly un-playable during our (comical) 4 game "playoffs" [and fyi I love POFW as much as anyone] and that during the CHL games (particularly the first 3) he carried that on AND hit anything that...
  12. B

EIHL LAST MAN STANDING

Stars to beat the Blaze
  13. B

EIHL LAST MAN STANDING

Flames to beat Blaze
  14. B

MK

This statement from Planet Ice seems a bit rich as they appear to be taking some sort of moral high ground. Isn't it the same company who's business model seems to be 'Do no maintenance, of any kind, EVER' coupled with having the least amount of staff and squeezing every possible penny out of...
  15. B

Devils Vs Giants - 14 Apr 19 - Play Off Final Mega Game

As mentioned on the Semi-Final thread. My Wife is unable to make today's action at the NIC (due to commitments with her uni course) so I have an Adult ticket going spare for today. I will be in Nottingham from about 11ish so if someone needs a ticket please drop me a message on here. Wannabe...