Devils Vs Ducs - Continental Cup Final #1 - 13th Jan 23 - 19:00 FO

I’ve been more positive of late. But that was from the darkest days of this Devils’ season.

We had the puck in their zone for an absolute age. And we did nothing.

Our powerplay was just passing practice. Not quick enough, way too obvious.

And the D for the first goal was utterly pathetic.

There’s no bus legs. There’s no excuse.

That was garbage, and was entirely the fault of the players. Too busy thinking of their next selfie at the Eiffel Tower.

moggy#9

And we were never going to lose that one, we just got shown up by a very poor team with so little talent. Steelers would have murdered that team. Good job it was free as can you imagine paying to watch that crap.
Ducs had five their homework and were prepared. The devils extensive coaching team obviously hadn't done the same.

E.D.S.

That's the disappointment... it was a free hit for us tonight. Nothing to lose and a chance to do something different but we didn't make the most of it. Shame

The_Stick_

And we were never going to lose that one, we just got shown up by a very poor team with so little talent. Steelers would have murdered that team. Good job it was free as can you imagine paying to watch that crap.
Angers deserve much more respect than that. A team that sit 3rd in the Ligue Magnus (which is arguably on par, If not better than the EIHL) with guys who have a lot of experience. Cowley, Nick Ross etc. We played poorly, but against strong Angers side

Diablo3

Man some of the crap spoken on this thread after we get a point. We were unlucky, they have the equivalent of a Besko in goal and we struggled to beat him. i'm sure we will get better as the comp goes on, who knows, we beat HK and suddenly you all love them again. Give the guys a break. We can't use our normal style of play as we will get called by the euro referees.

Wannabe2

Angers deserve much more respect than that. A team that sit 3rd in the Ligue Magnus (which is arguably on par, If not better than the EIHL) with guys who have a lot of experience. Cowley, Nick Ross etc. We played poorly, but against strong Angers side
Each to their own mate, if you think they were a strong team then bully for you.

moggy#9

Man some of the crap spoken on this thread after we get a point. We were unlucky, they have the equivalent of a Besko in goal and we struggled to beat him. i'm sure we will get better as the comp goes on, who knows, we beat HK and suddenly you all love them again. Give the guys a break. We can't use our normal style of play as we will get called by the euro coaches.
I think any goalie can look like besko if you give him time to set up and then fire at his chest.

moggy#9

That is being unfair to him, he's a decent nettie who I would love to see here next season if we could afford him
It doesn't change the fact that he was barely tested. With a hot goalie you have to make him move. Big goalies can cover the net but often struggle with lateral movement. Similarly of they don't execute the butterfly properly they open up the five hole or the top corner.

The fact that we were so predictable meant that the defence was set up and ready to stop any loose pucks.

BostonBart22

Basically we turned up last 2 periods and didn't Bury our chances we should have romped that game, few players went missing as well, waller and Davis non existent tonight..and one or 2 other below par ..