Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

BostonBart22

If true well done to Fife, always liked his style and didnt return after behind the scenes troubles, Was this the same player released by Devils and his parents blasted the management, dont think it was our current management though..

Devil94

If true well done to Fife, always liked his style and didnt return after behind the scenes troubles, Was this the same player released by Devils and his parents blasted the management, dont think it was our current management though..
No he was never released. He was just scratched because of his stinky attitude. He was only 23 with us though so hopefully he's matured a bit by now.

Wannabe2

Jesse is 30 now, played for 2 different clubs last season in the ECHL, numbers weren’t great maybe he needs a change in life. If it’s true of course.

rocketbob

I noticed on Twitter that one of our fans put that all that he wanted for his Birthday was for Josh Batch to be announced as returning to the Devils. One of the people who liked the Tweet was Josh himself, so fingers toes and everything else crossed. Josh was another level last season and it would be great to see him back patrolling the blue line once more.

terry hunt

I'm pretty sure Batchy passed some Finance exams in the last few years post college and is now working for the same finance company that sponsors him. I do hope he's back after such a great season.
I agree he seems to be settled in Cardiff maybe thats has been part of his playing performance.

moggy#9

I noticed on Twitter that one of our fans put that all that he wanted for his Birthday was for Josh Batch to be announced as returning to the Devils. One of the people who liked the Tweet was Josh himself, so fingers toes and everything else crossed. Josh was another level last season and it would be great to see him back patrolling the blue line once more.
I have a massive amount of respect for him. He does whatever is asked if him, and works hard to make sure he does it well. I swear, if you cut him in half, he'd have the words "Cardiff devils" running through him. He was an absolute revelation last season in defence for the devils and GB.

terry hunt

Jesse is 30 now, played for 2 different clubs last season in the ECHL, numbers weren’t great maybe he needs a change in life. If it’s true of course.
He doesnt stay long anywhere another Mavericks player supposedly heading for the UK.
I believe one of our owners said when he left he could be back at the devils when he matured.

ASHIPP

Wasn't there talk of Batch being eligible for a testimonial this year?

If so I'd guess that would be announced at the same time, but I can't see them announcing it until after Matthew Myers' this weekend.
That needs a special announcement all on its own.

Wannabe2

Josh Brittain’s wife now following the Devils on twitter and Instagram. That’s after the more reliable rumours account on twitter linked us with Brittain last week. Looks like Brittain will be a Devil next season
Big lad with a good pedigree, looks like he could be a very good signing, would be pretty pleased with this signing if true.

Finny

So our first game is 7 weeks today.
Usually players arrive the week before.

So over the next 6 weeks we have 11 players to announce.
I'm guessing the majority of those will be announced during the Calgary Stampede.