GB

moggy#9

GB created that problem for themselves. Awful decision making, we keep icing players who are utter liabilities, and have no creativity going forward. Time to rebuild now. The team will be better on paper next year with Kirk back, but I think Russell has to be replaced by someone who can instill a proper system.

Wannabe2

In fairness GB in pool A was always a bit of a fairytale, ranked 18th in the world the lads gave it everything, but the company was always on another level. Pool B is our level in fairness.

moggy#9

In fairness GB in pool A was always a bit of a fairytale, ranked 18th in the world the lads gave it everything, but the company was always on another level. Pool B is our level in fairness.
The ironic thing is that there's not much between and the other lower ranked teams. The problem is that we're tactically naive, which is down to the coaching. We can't keep just keep throwing the puck away all of the time.

RedDevil17

I’m sorry Glynne but we balls’d that up…no excuses. Had a chance to beat Latvia and Austria and we blew it due to an inept coach and poor goaltending, our own fault.

kingmo19.1

Sorry but have to disagree - we can survive (by the skin of our teeth) in Group A with a LONG TERM SUCCESSION PLAN. You know there is something wrong with the GB system with the amount of players in their mid/late 30’s we are icing.

If GB are serious on the national front then the EIHl needs to open up the limit of GB players on each team. 5 has only restricted much needed experience so we are stuck with the guys that broke through a decade ago. Increase the limit to 7 GB players per team and that will do wonders in helping the future players advance.

doron

i would have to disagree, gb passing was not good in this game, goal tending wasn't good, austria was there for the taking, also the finnishing was not there, rank 18 is about right for us or a achievable goal

august04 2.0

Austria ranked 17th, they stay up. That’s just the nature of the tournament. We're never going to win it but we just needed a win and sadly blew two wins in this tournament, one through poor discipline and tonight we just fell apart (plus poor netminding), after holding a 2 goal lead twice.

moggy#9

Sorry but have to disagree - we can survive (by the skin of our teeth) in Group A with a LONG TERM SUCCESSION PLAN. You know there is something wrong with the GB system with the amount of players in their mid/late 30’s we are icing.

If GB are serious on the national front then the EIHl needs to open up the limit of GB players on each team. 5 has only restricted much needed experience so we are stuck with the guys that broke through a decade ago. Increase the limit to 7 GB players per team and that will do wonders in helping the future players advance.
The problem is that if you reduce the imports, you reduce the speed. What has to change is the approach to the game. British teams need to learn how to hold onto the puck, pass properly and manage the game.

kingmo19.1

The problem is that if you reduce the imports, you reduce the speed. What has to change is the approach to the game. British teams need to learn how to hold onto the puck, pass properly and manage the game.
I think Waller/Harwood/Neilson etc erc
would hold their own in terms of speed with some 4th line imports!

OJLloyd

Twice in games we could/should have won, we gave up leads and made a mess of it.

No killer instinct tactically.

As far as the league is concerned, I’ll leave my opinion that the league should be as good as it can be aside for one second.

Quality is better than quantity. No use have 7 players if they’re the bottom line, the bottom 2 D and the backup goalie.

kingmo19.1

We’re just getting relegated again unless the EIHL addresses It. 90% of those players broke through a long long time ago when the league allowed more Brits. The limit set as 5/6 just restricts numbers and keeps the almost pension aged players in employment. When they finally retire, where are the next crop coming from? Yep the gaps will be filled but they will be so inexperienced it will be painful to watch.

Sadly, the EIHL is a here and now product. GB needs a little more long time thinking and working with the league to make that happen.

RedDevil17

Think it’s time we start looking at players from NA and EU junior development systems for our next crop rather than the EIHL/ NIHL

Last edited:
Twice in games we could/should have won, we gave up leads and made a mess of it.

No killer instinct tactically.

As far as the league is concerned, I’ll leave my opinion that the league should be as good as it can be aside for one second.

Quality is better than quantity. No use have 7 players if they’re the bottom line, the bottom 2 D and the backup goalie.
I have to agree, there are 10 teams in the league, where are the 70+ brits coming from?

Also, I have to nail my colours to the mast here, I’m a Devils fan first and foremost and as such I want to see the best product possible, that’s what I pay my money for not to see a GB development project!

Wannabe2

I have to agree, there are 10 teams in the league, where are the 70+ brits coming from?

Also, I have to nail my colours to the mast here, I’m a Devils fan first and foremost and as such I want to see the best product possible, that’s what I pay my money for not to see a GB development project!
Don’t you mean 60.???