GB

moggy#9

What I'm getting at though, is assuming Russia and Belarus will, eventually, be allowed back (and thus avoiding any 'risk' of relegation this year) how is it that a team can be relegated when I assume France and Austria are coming up from the lower division to make up the numbers?
Ah, I take your point. I guess the assumption is that neither country will be allowed back any time in the foreseeable future after what's happened in Ukraine.

moggy#9

Well it looks like GB are going to be screwed. One goal in three games in their prep matches is not good. I'll be watching the games on TV and cheering them on, but this could end up being painful to watch.

moggy#9

If we can keep the Czechs to 5 or less goals, it'll be an achievement. Frankly though, I'll be surprised if we score more than 3 or 4 goals throughout the tournament.

Kevlar68

But now is as good a time as they will ever have as all the major players from all the top countries are still involved with the NHL playoffs.

moggy#9

But now is as good a time as they will ever have as all the major players from all the top countries are still involved with the NHL playoffs.
That's always the case with the world champs. Still, when he's fit, we'll never have to worry about being without Liam Kirk, as long as he's with the yotes organisation.

moggy#9

The two main differences between the teams are the skating speed and accuracy of passes. Too many GB passes missing the tape. That said, defensively they've been very good. I just don't see where the goals are coming from.

Quite right Moggy. Speed a clear difference. Ben O'Connor too many inaccurate passed which should have cost, fortunate others were able to rescue. Definitely some good chances, especially one from Mosey. But we have to take what little is there to score.
Come GB 3 rd period to start down 0-2

moggy#9

It's a game of inches, and the difference in domestic pace is really showing. No shame in this, but the score is flattering the Czechs.