Carruth on Two Ales Podcast

Thread starter #1
Has anyone else listened to the latest episode of Mac Carruth on Wally’s pod? There were a couple of little remarks that I found quite interesting. He referred to Skalde as “Buddy Boy” and said that DuPont straightened a few things out that needed addressing. Suggested that standards were sloppy until DuPont changed things up. Seems like the rumours were true and he wasn’t Skalde’s biggest fan. Also Wally said something along the lines of now you’ve left and Mac sarcastically replied “yeah. Left.” Suggesting like it wasn’t his decision? He said it was unfortunate the way things worked out and he would love to come back one day.

BostonBart22

No doubt a lot happened behind the scenes and in locker room, new season ahead now move on...anyone fancy bowns and whistle sharing net duties, and a solid defence for once . Would give us 2 extra imports on ice.

Pembo

I love the forensic way that the forum approaches these pods! I think for me couple of things stood out, Mac is a character, is very competitive and driven & hockey clubs and all clubs & fan bases need some big character guys to add a bit of spice to the season, I’ll miss him. It sounds like Dupont has a more modern approach to coaching (watching film & man management) than perhaps was happening earlier in the season. He also seems to have been able to transition to senior role in smooth fashion from assistant coach, getting in a more seasoned older coach with plenty of miles on the clock coming to Cardiff may not be the way to go compared with a hungry young coach who uses detail and technology in their coaching, as that may be more in tune with the modern professional sport.

OJLloyd

I love the forensic way that the forum approaches these pods! I think for me couple of things stood out, Mac is a character, is very competitive and driven & hockey clubs and all clubs & fan bases need some big character guys to add a bit of spice to the season, I’ll miss him. It sounds like Dupont has a more modern approach to coaching (watching film & man management) than perhaps was happening earlier in the season. He also seems to have been able to transition to senior role in smooth fashion from assistant coach, getting in a more seasoned older coach with plenty of miles on the clock coming to Cardiff may not be the way to go compared with a hungry young coach who uses detail and technology in their coaching, as that may be more in tune with the modern professional sport.
I understand Lord was a fiend for video and details. As they say, pro sport is all about the minimal gains.

Unfortunate if we’ve lost a very good goalie because of a coach we no longer have. Will give the pod a listen.

Devil94

Franny and Dupont on the latest 4000 and Counting Podcast, released today. An interesting listen. Dupont not saying much about next year, but obviously interested in the job. Franny explains well the 4D situation too which sounded a real headache.

kingmo19.1

I understand Lord was a fiend for video and details. As they say, pro sport is all about the minimal gains.

Unfortunate if we’ve lost a very good goalie because of a coach we no longer have. Will give the pod a listen.
That second paragraph is not correct.

E.D.S.

Fighting with a team mate doesn’t mean anything. Probably means you’re so focussed on winning and the task at hand than anything. I’ve never been involved in a dressing room where a fight wasn’t common place. If they aren’t fighting, then I’d be worried.

Rempel16

McNally was the rumour...
Fighting with a team mate doesn’t mean anything. Probably means you’re so focussed on winning and the task at hand than anything. I’ve never been involved in a dressing room where a fight wasn’t common place. If they aren’t fighting, then I’d be worried.
Not sure I buy that. Allegedly Carruth and the other player couldn’t stand to be in the same room, that’s always going to create awkwardness for the rest of the team.

E.D.S.

McNally was the rumour...

Not sure I buy that. Allegedly Carruth and the other player couldn’t stand to be in the same room, that’s always going to create awkwardness for the rest of the team.
Agree.
I just don’t see it to be as big an issue. It’s not ideal but it’s not a showstopper.

Mazzoak

Are we talking physical fighting or verbal, I’ve known disagreeing, arguments and so on, physical fighting, no it’s not tolerated in any professional sport and is always put down. It’s the right call to bin the instigator, that’s not passion, no player is a greater asset than a team collective. If Carruth has, he did come with baggage and he is an amazing goalie, so it’s likely more than a rumour, sending him on is the right move.

jenks33

I'm not sure we need to look at Preece as back up though. Aren't rosters likely to go back to 20 with 14 imports? It looks like Bowns is coming back so we've already got our 6 brits right? Unless maybe Duggan, Davies or Waller are off elsewhere? I can't see Richie or Batch going anywhere.

That second paragraph is not correct.
I have no inside information, but from the way I heard/listened/processed Mac on the pod it sounded like he was keen to stay for a long time, but a decision was made for the team to take another direction. Which I instantly assumed means that they are 'getting the band back together' and Bownsy will be returning. There is no way (again with my non-insider information) that it would be smart to pay for the best British Netminder of all time AND a guy who was statistically [and in my opinion] the best Netminder in the league last year on the same roster. Unless Todd Manages to squeeze another 500seats into IAW to pay for it.