Who we want and don’t want back for next season

moggy#9

I wonder when we'll get there first official signing news. Will the club want to get the ball rolling early, wait until after the world champs, or wait until we have a coach in place?

JT666

Lindman was our best Dman of the superleague era in my opinion, we just only saw him for one season unfortunately. I liked Schuler though. He was in a terrible Devils side in his first season (1999/00) but I rated him.

We’ll get told off in a minute for all this reminiscing on a ‘who do we want back next season’ thread haha.
I never saw Lindman, but is this the same bloke? Seems he is even more successful off ice as on it!

https://alejandrocremades.com/martin-lindman/

Swarley

I wonder when we'll get there first official signing news. Will the club want to get the ball rolling early, wait until after the world champs, or wait until we have a coach in place?

I've a feeling we already have a coach in place, Todd would of been all over that the moment skalde got released.

Dupont I'd like to have stay on as assistant coach though and have a new head coach appointed, preferably someone who can help dupont gain some experience and have him ready to take the HC spot when the times right.

Player wise I think announcements will start rolling out around July time.

The Ayr player I always think of during that era was Matt Hoffman.
Not because he was one of their better players but simply because it seemed that every time the Devils played them, Mike MacWilliam would take him to centre ice and hand him his arse on a plate!
The seemed to be a genuine dislike between them.

Rempel16

Not because he was one of their better players but simply because it seemed that every time the Devils played them, Mike MacWilliam would take him to centre ice and hand him his arse on a plate!

What I'd give for a Mike MacWilliam on next season's roster. Tough as nails and could play. Fought for the right reasons too, he was lethal when that red mist came down.

moggy#9

What I'd give for a Mike MacWilliam on next season's roster. Tough as nails and could play. Fought for the right reasons too, he was lethal when that red mist came down.
I still remember the goal he scored coming out of the penalty box at the old Nottingham rink. Deked the goalie one on one and roofed the puck on the backhand. Awesome player.

osh

MacWilliam was a favourite of mine and a personal friend…but let’s not exaggerate when claiming he handed Hoffman his arse ! Hoffman was a tough cookie and never hid from big Mike and their fights were always close as admitted by the big man himself. Let’s not do Hoffman a disservice on this subject. Mike was a better player than many gave him credit for as well, very skilled for a big guy.

august04 2.0

MacWilliam was a favourite of mine and a personal friend…but let’s not exaggerate when claiming he handed Hoffman his arse ! Hoffman was a tough cookie and never hid from big Mike and their fights were always close as admitted by the big man himself. Let’s not do Hoffman a disservice on this subject. Mike was a better player than many gave him credit for as well, very skilled for a big guy.
Spot on, I don’t recall ever seeing MacWilliam hand Hoffman his arse. Hoffman was tough and game, and not afraid of taking MacWilliam on.

I stand corrected.
I do seem to remember one beating he gave Matt Hoffman where Mike 'lost his jersey', I may be wrong but I think the iconic pic of Mike leaving the penalty box carrying his equipment after being 'thrown out' was the aftermath of this fight.
I may be wrong as it was 25 years ago!
Games against Ayr were always a bit 'tasty', and maybe a couple of Mike’s many fights were against Byram or Boe perhaps but he always seemed to be fighting Hoffman. You are correct MW was a great all round player and a couple of levels above a lot of the enforcers of that era!
I do recall a great breakaway backhand goal at Newcastle! (I think)!!

Last edited:

Gavevs88

I've a feeling we already have a coach in place, Todd would of been all over that the moment skalde got released.

Dupont I'd like to have stay on as assistant coach though and have a new head coach appointed, preferably someone who can help dupont gain some experience and have him ready to take the HC spot when the times right.

Player wise I think announcements will start rolling out around July time.
I think they'll announce someone big just before the end of May before the ST deadline date.

moggy#9

I stand corrected.
I do seem to remember one beating he gave Matt Hoffman where Mike 'lost his jersey', I may be wrong but I think the iconic pic of Mike leaving the penalty box carrying his equipment after being 'thrown out' was the aftermath of this fight.
I may be wrong as it was 25 years ago!
Games against Ayr were always a bit 'tasty', and maybe a couple of Mike’s many fights were against Byram or Boe perhaps but he always seemed to be fighting Hoffman. You are correct MW was a great all round player and a couple of levels above a lot of the enforcers of that era!
I do recall a great breakaway backhand goal at Newcastle! (I think)!!
I don't know about Newcastle, but there was certainly one of those at Nottingham. I forget who he'd inflicted a beating on to be in the box on that occasion.