Giants Vs Devils - Play-Off Final - 1st May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.D.S.

Fair play we just won the playoffs and everyone is moaning about a woman interviewing players.

No wonder other fan bases hate us.

Get over it for god sake

Agree to an extent but surely you know what we're all like?? This forum is like therapy for some. Lots to get off everyone's chest.

Back on topic. Re-watched the game again yesterday. Still buzzing from it. Brandt had one hell of a shift in the second period. Three massive hits and almost put Piccinich over the boards. I bloody love that guy and want him back!

rocketbob

I think we need to calibrate expectations a little. As been mentioned before, we're on a pokey little channel that covers a big chunk of minority sports. I noticed they were advertising the Swedish Speedway the other night!! Everything about it is minority and amateur.
Funnily enough, Swedish Speedway is higher in the world ranking (2nd best league in the world) for it's sport than British Ice Hockey is in it's world order. Also, quite a good watch.

Back on topic, it was great to win a trophy and I can't wait for next season whatever it brings.

Fair play we just won the playoffs and everyone is moaning about a woman interviewing players.

No wonder other fan bases hate us.

Get over it for god sake
I think the way in which one member of the forum expresses his views, not only to Caitlin, but everything about the coverage by Premier Sports has been the main problem.
As Electro says, stuck in the 70’s.
Without wannabes post this wouldn’t have kicked off in this manner.
Or blame me for pulling him up on it.
We should all really be happy that we have the coverage. It would have been £15 per game on a webcast otherwise.
People seem to have forgotten we missed a season and a half due to covid.
I’m happy to see games and I really don’t care if the production is not NHL standard.

rocketbob

We should all really be happy that we have the coverage. It would have been £15 per game on a webcast otherwise.
I’m happy to see games and I really don’t care if the production is not NHL standard.
I have to say, Premier sports is definitely better value than a bunch of individual club streams. The more annoying (and easily fixable) problem with Premiere Sports is that repetitive "music" during the commercial break. It does get to you after a while.

moggy#9

I think the way in which one member of the forum expresses his views, not only to Caitlin, but everything about the coverage by Premier Sports has been the main problem.
As Electro says, stuck in the 70’s.
Without wannabes post this wouldn’t have kicked off in this manner.
Or blame me for pulling him up on it.
I don't really want to pour petrol on the fire with this. We're all passionate about the devils and hockey, and certain aspects of this are going to be raw nerves for individuals. Hopefully we can be civil though. I'd certainly hope that if I went too far in my arguements someone would pull me up and give me the opportunity to apologise.

At the end of the day, we all want the same thing. Where we differ is in terms of what is reasonable and achievable. Hopefully we can accommodate each other on that basis.

Vogon

I do not think it is very tasteful or proper to discuss the abilities of a member of the Premier Sports broadcasting team on this forum or anywhere else for that matter.
honest question, but why not? The forums here to discuss the games and it's coverage is part of that.

kettdevil1

honest question, but why not? The forums here to discuss the games and it's coverage is part of that.
OK I will bite..... Because this is the thread that records our victory against Belfast and the fact that we have moved away from the game to targeted criticism seems, at best, an odd thing to do. If people want to discuss Premier's coverage there are other threads. However, I would argue that what disturbs me most about the comments is the whiff of misogynistic bullying that appears to underpin some of the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.