Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2022/23

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

Rumours only!

If it's confirmed on a clubs website it's not a rumour! Use the signing thread that will be up and running soon.

If it's a confirmed Devils signing, use the thread HERE

If it's a confirmed signing for another club, then use the thread HERE

Let the offseason chaos commence...​

Last edited:

pjj365

Matthew Myers tweeted

"All packed up and ready to move home. Thank you Douce for keeping me playing and thank you @PanthersIHC for having me. It’s always a pleasure" https://t.co/C5ZWoZYLsA

Standard out of season message but ..............

The_Stick_

Interesting. Not sure he’s the same level as Beskorowany and Carruth but he’s a good goalie and at least we know what we’d be getting. Very dependable at this level
I’m 50/50 on it, I think he’s been superb for Fife, but when he took the step up to Belfast he didn’t really impress me. I’d give him a go as long as we have a dependable backup to pair with him

jenks33

I’m 50/50 on it, I think he’s been superb for Fife, but when he took the step up to Belfast he didn’t really impress me. I’d give him a go as long as we have a dependable backup to pair with him
That would be my worry as well. Like so many goalies he looks a million dollars when he’s busy but it’s a different challenge when you aren’t facing as many shots per game. Having said that we were often outshot this season…

Diablo3

If we take from the Skalde departure that Todd wasn't happy with the team direction, next seasons roster is likely to be more of of a traditional Devils setup. So I guess we will see some new faces

Hockeymad

That would be my worry as well. Like so many goalies he looks a million dollars when he’s busy but it’s a different challenge when you aren’t facing as many shots per game. Having said that we were often outshot this season…
Why sign Shane Owen when we have kozun? Upgrade goalie or don’t bother at all

Devil94

My friend who's a Fife fan was pretty adamant Shane Owen is the only player they have signed back next year so far. I don't think we'll go in that direction. A very good goalie, nonetheless.