Playoff Weekend

Gough60

The Superleague was never going to be viable, but by god how good was it while it lasted the best hockey we have ever seen, it had it all great skills, physical as hell, great characters of which we have never seen since. 16,000 Watched Storm v Devils at the Nynex Arena Manchester in the league,and the play off finals there were awesome, great great days.
Was the MEN Arena, not the Nunez.
1st year I followed Devils. Watched semi final on Sky. Drove up next day.

Gough60

Also not going to go to games this weekend. Primarily due to the fact I'm abroad.
Not a great call for ice hockey coverage in Santorini. Will try and stream Premier.

tim78

I recall it from the opening days as something called a word sounding like Nymex arena, wiki has it as the Nynex arena.

MEN was defiantly how it was referred to later on.

Is AO Arena Manchester the men?

The arena opened in July 1995, sponsored by NYNEX CableComms as NYNEX Arena. In July 1998, it was renamed the Manchester Evening News Arena, or just the MEN Arena, when it was sponsored by the Manchester Evening News newspaper.

Gough60

My mistake. There was another arena/exhibition venue the city center that I thought was the Nynex. Can't find that it still exists or what it was called.

kingmo19.1

Pity the owners didn’t give John Lawless another season there after the oversight with the dual nationals. Would have been interesting to see how they/he would have done.

Devil94

There's a video on twitter posted by a Steelers fan. Closer to quarter full than half full. Horrible to see. And such a shame for the players too, that they made it to finals weekend and it looks like that.