Playoff Weekend

Rempel16

And it’s people like me that will do what I like in the end, which has sod all to do with you so keep your sarcastic remarks to yourself. You do what’s best for you and that’s cool,but what I decide to do has naff all to do with you. At the end of the day all my mates are going and it’s a weekend away with them,not that I need a explanation to you or anyone else.
I completely agree with you. I hope you have a brilliant time.

But please just don’t complain so vocally about things in the future as (as much as you’re entitled to your opinion) as your words and actions are rather contradictory.

Enjoy!

Wannabe2

I completely agree with you. I hope you have a brilliant time.

But please just don’t complain so vocally about things in the future as (as much as you’re entitled to your opinion) as your words and actions are rather contradictory.

Enjoy!
Your not my keeper mate so butt out, and we will have a good time thank you.

Mazzoak

So this is my reason for not going as a comparison to where I'm going:-

Nottingham in April for 3 nights compared to Milan in June For 4 nights.

Train to Nottingham £260 (3 1/2 to 4 hrs), Flights to Milan £181 (2 hrs)
Double Hotel Room for 3 nights close to arena £514. Fully furnished apartment with Balcony for 4 nights close to San Siro £332
All day Weekend tickets £230, tickets for 2 all day festival concerts (imagine Dragons on Sat and Foo fighters on Sun - now cancelled) £240
(Had refund for Foo Fighters already)

Nottingham Total = £1004
Milan Total = £753

No brainer for me not to pay that money and I get an extra night in Milan with a better accommodation for £251 less

This is why it's a ridiculous price that I won't pay.
I got a week All inclusive in Lanzarote for £980.00

E.D.S.

Thread starter #205
Will this be the lowest attended play off weekend?
Firstly the cost then the fact panthers and steelers are out.
Has to be. It’ll be really interesting to gauge the feeling of fans. Elite league must be absolutely gutted but how great to have the so called “smaller clubs” being represented. Would love to see some form of collective protest/stand against the league in Nottingham.

Already been said but the margin of victories in each quarter final is superb. Flames and Stars will be massively up for this. What Dundee achieved is great for the league.
I moan about the playoffs format as much as the next person but it’s all the league can deliver at the moment, with ice availability and player contracts/finances but it’s served up a cracking weekend of hockey.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #206
I wonder what the financials will say. Crude maths and nowhere near accurate but (and excluding hospitality boxes):

- Potential = 8k seats sold at £115 = £920k
- Likely = 6k seats sold at £115 = £690k

Last playoffs:
- 8k Seats sold at (call it £70 to account for concessions) = £560k

Do the league care? Clearly they don't but you get what I mean.

Kevlar68

I think you got it about right in that estimate.
6k maximum I reckon on attendance.
Just personally I know of nearly 50 fans who were going on original date now arent.

So, for those who can’t make the trip (including me due to work) Premier Sports have Giants v Dundee at 2:30pm and Devils v Guildford at 7pm. However, it doesn’t look like they will be showing the final on Sunday. They currently have live NASCAR on Premier 1 and live Rugby on premier 2. I’ve also had an email listing their remaining games of the season which only contains the Semi Finals. Have emailed Premier today and will get back to you all based on their response.
Let’s hope they’ll show the final being the league sponsor and all

Diafol

The final will definitely be live on Premier Sports, they just haven't updated the schedules yet.
The Devils v Clan 1st leg on Saturday was showing up as the Copa del Rey final for most of last week until someone realised their mistake.

moggy#9

I wonder what the financials will say. Crude maths and nowhere near accurate but (and excluding hospitality boxes):

- Potential = 8k seats sold at £115 = £920k
- Likely = 6k seats sold at £115 = £690k

Last playoffs:
- 8k Seats sold at (call it £70 to account for concessions) = £560k

Do the league care? Clearly they don't but you get what I mean.
While you could be right in terms of direct income, there are often a variety of intangibles. For instance imagine a club courting a potential new big money sponsor by taking them to the finals weekend. What will their view be of a league that can't fill their show piece event? Add to this the bad feeling generated amongst fans and this looks like a pr disaster.

It maybe that they've judged their need to generate cash as more important than anything else, but it's not like the league has a massive customer base to draw upon.

Pondlife

Now that two of the biggest groups of supporters will be less likely to attend, no doubt the EIHL will convince themselves that this is the reason for a half filled arena rather than their greedy pricing. There's no going back now - £115 and no concessions is the new normal.

moggy#9

But that would require some humility to see the error of their ways. That isn't the norm with this league. They've never been wrong. EVER.
I think that a good measure of a person or an organisation is when they can admit they got something wrong, and take actions to fix it and prevent it happening in the future. The issue is though that this isn't the only problem that the league have created for themselves this season.

As of today there are still 2850 seats available thats 148 tickets sold since last week the majority of those bought by Dundee fans.
There must be more than that because blocks 1 and 2 are not on sale and thats around 300+ seats. plus the suites which hold around 25 people each.
If they had sold 7000 tickets at say £90 that would be around £630k against say 4000 tops at £115 which would be £460k they have to be around £200k short.
I really hope you all enjoy your weekend as it is generally the best of the year.