Devils Vs Clan - Play-off 1/4 Finals - 23/24 April 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Forget the league, that's over. It's Play-off time time. Devils will face the Clan in a home / away series this weekend. Expect thrills, drama and comments about Cameron's sister. Devils are home Saturday night to give the Clan travel before both games. Remember face-off is at the later time of 7.30 to accommodate the Premier Sports coverage

Mazzoak

2-1 win at home & 2-2 OT win away. Hoping for more goals, unfortunately that’s been an issue for most of the season. I just hope after the lack of acknowledgement, more appropriately named a snub at the awards night, Carruth doesn’t decide now is a good time to not show up........if it was me, I’d let ever shot in with a big smile on my face and a hand gesture , but that’s just me.

kingmo19.1

Big player, big ego by all accounts and if rumour is true didn’t cover himself in glory with the Skalde departure - but that’s one for another day!

jenks33

Big player, big ego by all accounts and if rumour is true didn’t cover himself in glory with the Skalde departure - but that’s one for another day!
I don’t think this would be a surprise to anybody. Great goalie but huge ego and probably a difficult character to manage. Having said that I don’t doubt he will be giving his all to win the play offs, for personal pride if nothing else

Last edited:

Mazzoak

Carruth is a professional sportsman not a spoilt child.
Not winning an award isn't going make him think "screw you, I don't want to win the playoffs" and lean on his goal.
Thats not the actions of a spoilt child, it’s a reaction to being poorly treated. It wouldn’t be the first professional sports person to act as you say. I’ve no idea how Carruth thinks, he does however have a history of blowing his cool on the ice, I’d suggest their is a spoilt child hiding inside him, as there is in all of us.

Mazzoak

He was well known before he came to us. If you invite a Serial Killer to dinner, don’t be surprised when someone gets murdered.

moggy#9

Thats not the actions of a spoilt child, it’s a reaction to being poorly treated. It wouldn’t be the first professional sports person to act as you say. I’ve no idea how Carruth thinks, he does however have a history of blowing his cool on the ice, I’d suggest their is a spoilt child hiding inside him, as there is in all of us.
You seem to project a lot.

rocketbob

I have to say, I was pretty shocked that Carruth did not win the MVP award or at least one of the other ones. I think he has a reason to feel slightly miffed to get no award. However, I don't expect anything but his usual excellent performance over the final games of the season (unless we play in the 3rd v 4th place game).