Devils and coach part ways

Hedd Wyn John

That’s where this league becomes a joke. Action would need to be taken above and beyond the decision making appetite of the leagues Board. Titles stripped, points deducted - akin to Saracens - needs to happen, would never happen. The league have to protect the integrity of the sport in the UK but seem to fail at that year on year.
There's no separation from the League and the Clubs which is why we'll never hear officially if a salary cap has been breached and why there'll be no punishment if it has been.

BostonBart22

Spare a thought for Block 13 song writers, they must have been working late into the night to rewrite chants for today.

If Carruth or any other player has kicked off then thats a dangerous precedent. From experience it needs a few senior players to kick off, not just one. Can’t see that being the case but who knows.
No one is irreplaceable, no matter how good they are. That includes the coach and the league leading goalie. If they aren’t right for the club then they can leave with my best wishes.

terry hunt

I would have thought that priorities now are:
Keep the owners we still have.The world economy is shattered and their businesses must have had a pasting .I am sure there are vultures out there circulating.The IAW is a prime developement site.
Dont sign old Devils players/coaches who are unemployed.
Please no mention of Whistle,Adams,Neilson,Pacha,etc.
Retain most of our playing squad.
Please give support to Dupont and Franny they have EIHL experience and we dont know what they are capable of.
As far as losing the dressing room goes.Lord had issues with Mychan,Faryna ,Hendrixx and i am sure others but he always was supported.

E.D.S.

I would have thought that priorities now are:
Keep the owners we still have.The world economy is shattered and their businesses must have had a pasting .I am sure there are vultures out there circulating.The IAW is a prime developement site.
Dont sign old Devils players/coaches who are unemployed.
Please no mention of Whistle,Adams,Neilson,Pacha,etc.
Retain most of our playing squad.
Please give support to Dupont and Franny they have EIHL experience and we dont know what they are capable of.
As far as losing the dressing room goes.Lord had issues with Mychan,Faryna ,Hendrixx and i am sure others but he always was supported.
Paul Heavy??

Devil94

Player recruitment absolutely has to be spot on next year and we can't afford to carry any players. Rumour I'm getting from sources in the league that at least one top team has breached the salary cap this year so cardiff should not agree to follow one next year imo.
It won't be spot on. The point I've been trying to make is that it's so difficult for a new coach to get recruitment right in their first year. Almost impossible.

moggy#9

It won't be spot on. The point I've been trying to make is that it's so difficult for a new coach to get recruitment right in their first year. Almost impossible.
I think that this year at least one problem could have been easily avoided. Unfortunately it took several months to realise what fans up and down the league already knew.

E.D.S.

I think that this year at least one problem could have been easily avoided. Unfortunately it took several months to realise what fans up and down the league already knew.
That’s where my confidence fell away with Skalde. Changes needed to be made and they weren’t. In the end the clubs hand was forced and it happened. Player personnel and playing style weren’t adjusted quick enough. We looked rudderless.

TL91

That’s where my confidence fell away with Skalde. Changes needed to be made and they weren’t. In the end the clubs hand was forced and it happened. Player personnel and playing style weren’t adjusted quick enough. We looked rudderless.
But maybe he knew that too and the owners didn’t want to do anything about it as they’re not ‘that type of club’?

E.D.S.

But maybe he knew that too and the owners didn’t want to do anything about it as they’re not ‘that type of club’?
Yes possibly. None of us really know what’s going on. Many factors at play but without that clarity (that we’ll never get) the buck stops with the coach for me. It always does, unfortunately. He could be a victim of circumstance or he simply just struggled.

I can imagine Todd is pretty hands on so may be that was a factor. Who knows.

Finny

Can’t remember whether it was an interview or a private conversation I had but didn’t the Devils confirm they’d been trying to make changes for months but there just weren’t the players available?

E.D.S.

Can’t remember whether it was an interview or a private conversation I had but didn’t the Devils confirm they’d been trying to make changes for months but there just weren’t the players available?
Again… possibly/probably. Could be the party line or reality. Shame though. Not nice for anyone to lose their job but from a straw poll on here (which is by no means statistically significant) there isn’t much regret about him leaving due to performances and playing style.

Kevin roog

Coaches/managers who are hoped by their club to be staying for 4/5 years don’t tend to lose their jobs over arguments with a player who could be leaving in a month, would you have sacked fergie every time he fell out with a player or bye bye player

moggy#9

Coaches/managers who are hoped by their club to be staying for 4/5 years don’t tend to lose their jobs over arguments with a player who could be leaving in a month, would you have sacked fergie every time he fell out with a player or bye bye player
But was that just a case of daily the right thing in the interview to get the job? It's not like that doesn't happen every day in the ordinary world of business.