Playoff Weekend

Earnie

Reply from Nottingham Motorpoint:
’Sadly we have not had the time confirmed by the Elite League as of yet’

This was in response to my asking what time does the FINAL start on Sunday?

E.D.S.

Thread starter #124
I certainly won’t miss the checking out of your hotel at 11am and hanging around until 4pm for the final, whilst only going to the 3rd place game so I had somewhere to sit down

Wannabe2

Latest ticket sales from all clubs is 2000. Not looking good I think the fans have voted on mass and so they should, people have had enough.
Don’t believe that one minute, hope it’s true but can’t see it, where did you get this info from as I think it’s bollocks.

Another question. Bearing in mind the massive price hike, does the Elite League have an insurance in place in case someone tests positive so that the ticket money can be claimed back. I very much doubt it!!

moggy#9

Another question. Bearing in mind the massive price hike, does the Elite League have an insurance in place in case someone tests positive so that the ticket money can be claimed back. I very much doubt it!!
I think that would require a level of foresight, competence and professionalism that the league have demonstrated that they simply don't have.

Don’t believe that one minute, hope it’s true but can’t see it, where did you get this info from as I think it’s bollocks.

That info was said at an 'arena do' last night attended by all our team. Obviously they had heard how great playoff weekend was and that came out in conversation from quite a few of our players & management that sales were very low and only 2000 tickets have been sold.

kingmo19.1

That info was said at an 'arena do' last night attended by all our team. Obviously they had heard how great playoff weekend was and that came out in conversation from quite a few of our players & management that sales were very low and only 2000 tickets have been sold.
Wow, if that’s the case surely the EIHL would be better off doing a climb down and offering them again at a price very near what was previously sold at - and offering a price differential refund to all the poor folk who’ve already bought! What a mess !!!

moggy#9

Wow, if that’s the case surely the EIHL would be better off doing a climb down and offering them again at a price very near what was previously sold at - and offering a price differential refund to all the poor folk who’ve already bought! What a mess !!!
Something has to happen to the league management this summer. Too many mistakes and controversies.

MA18

That won’t happen. Same as the rugby last Friday, as soon as one person buys a full price ticket you can’t start reducing the prices. ‘They’ have buggered it up unfortunately.

Kevlar68

I think we can see this year's playoff weekend being the worst attended ever.
You would think after every fans support of their team this season after a difficult 2 years they may have priced it at a thank you price from the EIHL.
Without the fans there would be no teams, without the teams there would be no EIHL.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

This seems like a total cock up, doesn’t the play off money fund the league,if that money is greatly reduced doesn’t that have a knock on effect to the standard of the league. Have we ever sent tickets back to the league before, it don’t sound great.