Playoff Weekend

Your right, I love playoff weekend , seeing fans from all over the league eating and drinking together, it’s the one time of year I love , I’ve offered my drive at home to any one that wants to park for the weekend (still available by the way) Im only 10 mins from the arena . I appreciate we don’t have the costs of others but believe me a lot of us would love to travel to another venue for playoffs. This announcement has just riled everyone, how are you supposed to have that amount of money readily spare in two days time , most people can’t.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #22
You wanna see Twitter, people are not happy (every fan base)
Understandably so. There’s no justification for the price hike, as people have said:
- weekend changed at late notice
- moved to a more expensive bank holiday weekend
- price hike of £30-35 from last year
- no concessions
- no early bird prices
- Devils have opted to add £5 extra on (not all clubs doing this)
- you have to queue in person to buy them.

Madness!

Jonesy83

Understandably so. There’s no justification for the price hike, as people have said:
- weekend changed at late notice
- moved to a more expensive bank holiday weekend
- price hike of £30-35 from last year
- no concessions
- no early bird prices
- Devils have opted to add £5 extra on (not all clubs doing this)
- you have to queue in person to buy them.

Madness!
completely agree, I just hope people put their foot down and vote with their wallets to show the league it’s not acceptable.

BostonBart22

Rather spend 120.00 on Steve Kings charter flight to Belfast for the final for the first 250 fans and from Cardiff.
Just found out it's Bank hols in belfast thurs/Fri after cup final. So flights be expensive coming back after final...and of course accommodation be higher if fans decide to stay..

moggy#9

Firstly, cards on the table, it's a very long time since I've been to a play offs weekend in person. I was never going to be there in person this year anyway. But I feel for those people who barely miss a game, because that was once me, and I know how I would have felt.

Given the quality of matches between us, Sheffield and belfast, perhaps it's time to consider a move to a multi game series format. The current set up is clearly a nonsense. It's the second biggest prize, yet it requires the least victories to win. It won't happen of course. It's too much of a money dinner for the league, and it was never about the fans anyway. What a Joke of a league.

Wannabe2

Smacks of a post Covid cash-grab to me. Stupid prices in this day and age.

Whoever came up with that shambolic pricing and conditions needs to have a look at themselves - if anything it should be cheaper this year!
It will be a whole load cheaper for us as we ain’t going, I will be drinking my £2 a pint with good food and not slush, watching replays with my feet up, no driving no hassle, and knowing our 2 season tickets are free to watch our team all season long, no £40 per game nonsense thank you.

E.D.S.

Thread starter #35
Smacks of a post Covid cash-grab to me. Stupid prices in this day and age.

Whoever came up with that shambolic pricing and conditions needs to have a look at themselves - if anything it should be cheaper this year!
At risk of sounding really bitter…. Like so many I’ve stood by this club and the league during covid…. On line raffles, 50/50 and shirt off his back, told the club to keep lost season ticket money…. And whilst our club have behaved impeccably in returning that favour to us I can’t help but think they’ve dropped a massive ball with this one.
season ticket holders don’t even get priority access, £5 added on by the club as well, have to turn up to buy them.
We have a seat at the EIHL table and we voted these prices in - not even a concession for kids. That makes this weekend massively unaffordable for a family. It’s a disappointing move that our club were involved in.

Last edited:

Hockeymad

I will not be attending the playoff weekend.

125 return for me n 1 child on train.

160 roughly for hotel 2 nights.

225 for a weekend pass.

Then money for the weekend.

Your talking roughly 700 800 quid.

Il sit this one out thanks

Wannabe2

At risk of sounding really bitter…. Like so many I’ve stood by this club and the league during covid…. On line raffles, 50/50 and shirt off his back, told the club to keep lost season ticket money…. And whilst our club have behaved impeccably in returning that favour to us I can’t help but think they’ve dropped a massive ball with this one.
season ticket holders don’t even get priority access, £5 added on by the club as well, have to turn up to buy them.
We have a seat the EIHL table and we voted these prices in - not even a concession for kids. That makes this weekend massively unaffordable for a family. It’s a disappointing move that our club were involved in.
Spot on all this pushed us over the edge, as you say you try to do your bit as it’s the club we all love, times have been very hard for many people over the last 12 months plus, No concessions for anyone, £40 per game, queuing up down the bay with no coverage to the elements, paying fees to queue there comes a time when unhappily enough is enough. At the end of the day we have to weigh the one against the other, pay all this for maybe 1 game, but hopefully 2, not counting the other semi final,with hopefully a victory at the end of it, or watch it at home and recoup enough to have free season tickets for next season, each to their own, in between let’s take that Challenge Cup final.

Pope#42

Wow. Just wow. Early bird weekend passes were £86 in 2020 - that’s just over a 30% increase. Don’t get me wrong - with everything that’s gone on this year and with inflation etc I did expect a rise in prices but that just takes the biscuit. No early bird. No concessions considering it is a family sport. With challenge cup finals priced at £10 I had hope that the EIHL were on the same wavelength as their fans but this just goes to show how out of touch they are.