Giants Vs Devils - League - 4th & 5th Feb 22

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Devils head over the water to Belfast for a double header against the Giants. Devils are currently winning the series 3-1, the Giants sole win when they required a laptop to squeak a last minute win the last time we were in the O. This weekend isn't going to decide the league but points picked up or denied will be crucial going forward.

nicky27

Did anyone think that Belfast would do a special offer on the two games for the webcast. I remember they did a few years ago.

Wannabe2

It’s a different ball game now with Infinity 21 running the show, probably because they run the webcasts for the league there’s a set price for all. The days of the single camera has mainly gone, which obviously adds extra cost, and two continuous days don’t help, let’s hope the games make it worth it.

moggy#9

For next season the league needs to negotiate cross leagues streaming agreements. This would allow fans to have a package price for following their team home and away, or buy a certain number of credits to pick and choose a selection of matches. Of course this would rely on the dark ages clubs actually continuing to provide streams.

Earnie

Devils Twitter shows posh bus with Road Trip today.
Road trip to where I wonder?
Road trip to the airport?
Road trip to Holyhead to go via Dublin and drive North?
Road trip to Cairnryan and take ferry to Belfast?

Wannabe2

Devils Twitter shows posh bus with Road Trip today.
Road trip to where I wonder?
Road trip to the airport?
Road trip to Holyhead to go via Dublin and drive North?
Road trip to Cairnryan and take ferry to Belfast?
Road trip to Bristol Airport, there’s no flights from Cardiff to Belfast until April.

E.D.S.

Hoping the travelling fans come up with some sort of clever laptop reference/chant.

One point feels reasonable for me, getting two would be bloody good. Looking forward to watching it either way.

moggy#9

Hoping the travelling fans come up with some sort of clever laptop reference/chant.

One point feels reasonable for me, getting two would be bloody good. Looking forward to watching it either way.
I'm quite curious if what happened last time will have impacted the choice of officials and how they approach the game.

E.D.S.

I'm quite curious if what happened last time will have impacted the choice of officials and how they approach the game.
Yeah. I always thought it was geography that drove the officials selection but may be they make a change for this one.
I bet Giants have the same guy on the laptop though.

moggy#9

Yeah. I always thought it was geography that drove the officials selection but may be they make a change for this one.
I bet Giants have the same guy on the laptop though.
I have no idea where the basis officials come from, but for Belfast I'd imagine most would need to fly, so geography wouldn't be so much of an issue.

I'd certainly hope that the league would have reminded every club about the responsibilities of the off ice officials and the lines they must not cross. Sadly the giants seem to be a club borrowing pages from the Durham and Sheffield playbooks in that regard.