Giants Vs Devils - League - 14th Jan 22

Brilliant game, terrible decision, you know what that game did, its put fear into Belfast. In sport these issues tend to bite the winning in the ass, karma loves a game and karma is going to turn up. We’ve put fire in our bellies, Belfast put urine into their pants.

Nope..Thats just your emotion being typed. It was a class game. Two very very even teams. Belfast wont fear any team. They well come up short at times, but they certainly wont be pissing themselves over any team. I think it is great to have some emotion over a game. Not the first time Cardiff have come out the right side of a decision, wont be the last.

Diablo3

Nope..Thats just your emotion being typed. It was a class game. Two very very even teams. Belfast wont fear any team. They well come up short at times, but they certainly wont be pissing themselves over any team. I think it is great to have some emotion over a game. Not the first time Cardiff have come out the right side of a decision, wont be the last.
Don't dispute the Giants were better on the night, what I can't stand is the poor officiating. He was looking for a way not to give that goal, Even Adam had a smirk on his face at the end. I don't mind losing what was a great game of hockey, but when even the commentators who are not exactly Cardiff fans say it doesn't feel right, they are probably right.

voth26

Its also the second time the Devils have come out the wrong side of a dodgy decision in belfast due to a dodgy laptop decision

I really hope this doesn't effect us in the future. As in quality coaches don't want to come to this league and/or won't recommend this league to future players. May sound extreme but talk and opinion spreads fast. Bottom line is...... Sadly he is correct in what he is saying with regards to the league but mainly due to the officiating which has been problematic at the best of times over the last few years. I also think that anyone and everyone that is able should contact Mike Hicks (Director of league and former Referee) and aire their concerns about this call and the current state of the leagues refereeing. No it WON'T change the result of today's game but it may open up some reviewing of games that those refs do in the future. Particularly if they are reffing Devils games and make blatantly biased and incorrect decisions.

august04 2.0

I really hope this doesn't effect us in the future. As in quality coaches don't want to come to this league and/or won't recommend this league to future players. May sound extreme but talk and opinion spreads fast. Bottom line is...... Sadly he is correct in what he is saying with regards to the league but mainly due to the officiating which has been problematic at the best of times over the last few years. I also think that anyone and everyone that is able should contact Mike Hicks (Director of league and former Referee) and aire their concerns about this call and the current state of the leagues refereeing. No it WON'T change the result of today's game but it may open up some reviewing of games that those refs do in the future. Particularly if they are reffing Devils games and make blatantly biased and incorrect decisions.
Do you expect Hicks to do anything?! You’ll be sadly disappointed.

Don't dispute the Giants were better on the night, what I can't stand is the poor officiating. He was looking for a way not to give that goal, Even Adam had a smirk on his face at the end. I don't mind losing what was a great game of hockey, but when even the commentators who are not exactly Cardiff fans say it doesn't feel right, they are probably right.
Again. every team in this league has had decisions go against them. Lost points and possible league titles. Sometimes you gotta suck it up. This league will never have, and never has, had competent officials. Not according to each team's fanbase. I hate losing, especially to the Devils. As with every Devils fan, the right to feel smug after a game is a wonderful thing. The game's outcome may not be within our control, however, the emotion of feeling elatated, or downright pissed off, is. Shows we are still able to still set aside everyday crap and for a short period of time feel something other than MEH !

august04 2.0

Because it was a reflective view point. As in the other comments within this thread that used past games to highlight their post.
There's only one game we're talking about tonight. And one decision, which even the most one eyed Giants fan (and there are plenty of them around) must surely admit was wrong. I can take losing, never had a problem with that - but I can’t tolerate gross incompetence/cheating, which is what we saw on TV tonight. Even Adey and Murphy, who are normally deeply embedded up the arse of the Belfast Giants, conceded that it was a goal. An embarrassing night for the league and it’s officials, but enjoy the 2 points.

Mazzoak

They pissed themselves. The officials bailed them out, if that wasn’t a we need to win this game at all costs i don’t know what is. To me, without emotion, if a team needs to buy the officials to ensure a win, that’s pissing themselves. If they had nothing to fear, the officials wouldn’t have been bought, simples..........

jenks33

Again. every team in this league has had decisions go against them. Lost points and possible league titles. Sometimes you gotta suck it up. This league will never have, and never has, had competent officials. Not according to each team's fanbase. I hate losing, especially to the Devils. As with every Devils fan, the right to feel smug after a game is a wonderful thing. The game's outcome may not be within our control, however, the emotion of feeling elatated, or downright pissed off, is. Shows we are still able to still set aside everyday crap and for a short period of time feel something other than MEH !
Cmon now Gisland. I’m sure you’re chuffed about tonight’s result and without doubt the better team won that game, don’t give me all those cliches tho. This wasn’t a 1st against 9th game and this wasn’t the 10th minute of the match when there is plenty of time to claw it back. This was two teams who are fighting for the title battling it out in a 1-0 game with 90 seconds remaining. You simply have to have better officiating at that stage of the game in such a crucial encounter. Fair play I’ve seen some honest Belfast fans admit that was wrong tonight. Better team won the match but that call was embarrassing for the EIHL

ASHIPP

I am just embarrassed for coaches and players when decisions like that are made.

In this sport, we can go from the highly professional, no nonsense officiating of the NHL, to what we witnessed last night. It does nothing to promote this league and will do damage in the recruitment of players and coaches.

Giants are a great team. Home advantage, winning streak, well drilled etc. It is going to be a battle between Steelers and Giants this year, that's obvious. The other 8 teams have to try and wreak as much disruption to that plan as possible.

BostonBart22

Still gutted about the sub standard officials last night, in football officials who make horrendous descisions and proved they were wrong are demoted to a lower league, in rugby there are wru officials at every game assesing officials performence, its time to get this into ice hockey, it was back in the superleauge era and previous to that.