Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

Kevlar68

The stupid thing is when I managed the bars in the Millennium stadium (don't forget the bars are classed as indoors) there are more people around those areas before, during, half time and after the game than the IAW holds and when seated there are 72,000 side by side taking masks off to eat and drink. At half time we would have around 20,000 spectators moving around those areas between bars, food outlets and toilets, that's an average but most probably more.
How is that a safer environment than 3100 in the IAW?
Outdoors events are only safer when distanced, if your seated 6 inches from someone your 6 inches from someone, the virus would carry the same indoors or outdoors at that distance.
I would say the only way that the stadium could be safe enough is no food or drink outlets open and mandatory mask wearing for everyone.

Last edited:

Finny

If, as many of our 'left wing comrades' claim, that Drakeford is making such a great job in his handling of the COVID pandemic, why was he not prepared to be held accountable for his actions and responses?
He has flatly refused a Welsh Enquiry and prefers to hide behind an UK wide enquiry.
He is happy wielding the power, just not the accountability.

Let’s not forget the the WAG are fully responsible for the NHS in Wales and it is a SHAMBLES!
Comrade Drakeford was once the Health Minister and presided over some of the worst waiting times despite his debunked claims to the opposite!
My point being that Drakeford is not the paragon of virtue some would have us believe!
I’m not sure of the point in having a completely separate enquiry to the UK when the extent to what the individual devolved governments could do is restricted. Can’t help but feel it’s being pushed for political gain as we know the Tories will delay and delay the enquiry as long as possible.

Yes the NHS is devolved but the funding Wales gets is based on how much is spent on the NHS in England. And if you don‘t appreciate how much it’s being underfunded the graphic below explains it well
F3398248-1225-4733-B9FA-23CF7FBD3A71.png

tim78

Am I reading that chart correctly, as in we spend ‰+3 above the inflation rate every year since the rough start of the nhs, however on those specific years we still spent more money than any previous year but not at the same rate.

august04 2.0

I’m not sure of the point in having a completely separate enquiry to the UK when the extent to what the individual devolved governments could do is restricted. Can’t help but feel it’s being pushed for political gain as we know the Tories will delay and delay the enquiry as long as possible.
The point is that the devolved governments have tried to go in their own directions where financially feasible (not always but often, which has been a real failing in my opinion throughout the UK, with the mixed messaging that has been the outcome), which is entirely their right under the terms of devolution. So they should be subject to a separate enquiry, focussing on their own decisions - as should the UK government. No doubt such reviews will shine a light on the good, the bad and the ugly, right across the political spectrum. They should all be subject to scrutiny, which I’m sure you will welcome given the esteem in which you appear to hold Drakeford and the WAG. They should have nothing to fear, right?

Last edited:
The point is….. Accountability!

And if as you say the Tories will delay and delay the UK enquiry as long as possible, why do think Drakeford is more than happy to abdicate his responsibilities to the Welsh people in favour of a UK enquiry?

In your scenario it really is Win Win for Drakeford. If he’s perceived to have done well it because he’s been different to Westminster and if he’s perceived to have done badly it’s because he’s been too restricted by Westminster!

kingmo19.1

The stupid thing is when I managed the bars in the Millennium stadium (don't forget the bars are classed as indoors) there are more people around those areas before, during, half time and after the game than the IAW holds and when seated there are 72,000 side by side taking masks off to eat and drink. At half time we would have around 20,000 spectators moving around those areas between bars, food outlets and toilets, that's an average but most probably more.
How is that a safer environment than 3100 in the IAW?
Outdoors events are only safer when distanced, if your seated 6 inches from someone your 6 inches from someone, the virus would carry the same indoors or outdoors and that distance.
I would say the only way that the stadium could be safe enough is no food or drink outlets open and mandatory mask wearing for everyone.
Worse still, if the 6 Nations go ahead in Cardiff and they close the roof then the whole thing is technically indoors! Surely they wouldn’t be that stupid though!

Kevlar68

Worse still, if the 6 Nations go ahead in Cardiff and they close the roof then the whole thing is technically indoors! Surely they wouldn’t be that stupid though!
I think i read somewhere a while ago they were told that they couldn't close the roof for 6 nations this year, i may be wrong.

BostonBart22

It will defo be open ,fans or no fans, if the six nations go ahead I can see a massive drop in attendance due ro restrictions, maybe 30 thousand max.

Rob Batch

Rugby players tend to be less affected by weather compared to the pathetic lilly livered footballers. Let everyone' breath in the air' like floyd told us, and them.

Rob Batch

A large majority of my so called 'posts' are tongue in cheek or sarcastic or just plain silly. That is my intention, I like to enjoy myself on social media because of the reality of said social media. Take it seriously at your own peril. :) Again, tongue in cheek. Please try to get it.

Rob Batch

Another example of what we all despise. Create your own forum and ban everybody you find unworthy. Free speech rules ! Go to twitter and see what reality looks like.

Rob Batch

I am not your friend, mr anonymous. or mrs possibly. or both? Did you notice I did not deny either having or being a dick? Just saying.:)

Last edited: