Tougher covid restrictions - risk to hockey?

jimmy snels

Observation on webcast:
I hope they dont have that unbelievably boring near 15 minutes of watching the zamboni driving round in circles. Id much prefer some analysis during the period breaks. Maybe if big lou isnt playing an interview could be a good watch.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #233
I wonder if they'll be allowed to open the bar on game night, I mean pubs will be open.

Would be mad if the rules allowed fans into the bar to watch the game on a screen but not to physically watch it in the actual rink area.

august04 2.0

I wonder if they'll be allowed to open the bar on game night, I mean pubs will be open.

Would be mad if the rules allowed fans into the bar to watch the game on a screen but not to physically watch it in the actual rink area.
Put a giant screen up in the second pad area in IAW, have loads of tables on the concrete pad offering drinks/table service and watch the game in there as it’s taking place next door. Madness but possible as things stand!

kingmo19.1

Put a giant screen up in the second pad area in IAW, have loads of tables on the concrete pad offering drinks/table service and watch the game in there as it’s taking place next door. Madness but possible as things stand!
Nice idea, but the whole point of the restriction is to try and limit large crowd events.

august04 2.0

Nice idea, but the whole point of the restriction is to try and limit large crowd events.
Do you think fans in rugby clubhouses up and down the country won’t be busy watching games taking place outside their windows over the next few weeks? They‘ll be forced to watch from busy bar areas and banned from watching outside in the fresh air. Just trying to highlight that these rules make no sense whatsoever.

Hedd Wyn John

Thread starter #237
Announcement on hospitality restrictions are taking place tomorrow, but in theory if pubs and bars are allowed to open- we could have this bizarre situation where we could legally sit in the IAW bar & watch on the telly.

Anyway I'll leave it at that.

E.D.S.

Announcement on hospitality restrictions are taking place tomorrow, but in theory if pubs and bars are allowed to open- we could have this bizarre situation where we could legally sit in the IAW bar & watch on the telly.

Anyway I'll leave it at that.
Madness isn't it. Let's be honest.... if there was a furlough scheme behind this for the hospitality industry then that would be closed to, but punishing the sports fans is a bizarre way to control a virus we know very little about. I applaud the quick cautionary measures but the inconsistent and random application of it is a tad confusing. Let's all get smashed in the IAW bar and hug each other when the Devils score but don't go and watch it live. That's too dangerous.

terry hunt

Looks like big changes in the NHL.More game cancellations and NHL may not be sending players to the Olympics.
Perhaps they could organise AHL or European players to keep the competition going.