Devils Vs steelers - League - 18th Dec 21

moggy#9

Ben Davies was really impressive in that period, like he usually is for GB. For the first half of that period I'd thought the devils had gone to sleep. Despite having some good shifts in the first, Dupont was completely anonymous that period.

A special mention to Josh batch. He's been outstanding throughout the season, but tonight he's been particularly impressive. It will be a crime of massive proportions if he doesn't make the GB team.

The last game I went to before the first lockdown was against the Steelers. We battered them that day. Then we lost the cup after that. I'm going to really enjoy being there tonight. Can't wait. Hoping for a close game and plenty of goals. Always good to see a rival in town. I'm going 5-4 to Devils.
Well done on the prediction!

Wannabe2

Well played lads, you had to dig in deep there and that’s exactly what you did do. Steelers are top for a reason they never stop pressurising you, and attack wave after wave but Devils showed tonight what can be achieved if you hang in there, and show some passion and grit. Good on you lads, let’s now use that performance as the lift that we have all needed to go on to better things. Have got to mention that these lads tonight had set back after set back, but took it all and came back like a bloody bulldog, and for that they deserve high praise indeed. So well done lads few more games with that attitude please and we will be fine. Happy Hockey Days.

Slartibartfast

Great game. End to end stuff, lots of goals and Steelers up to their usual antics and getting away with it due to the worst ref I have seen in the modern era.

Ben Davies was on fire tonight as was Carruth and Josh Batch. Register was awesome as usual and I though McNulty gave another solid performance.
Far from perfect but a good place to build from if we still have a season. If Drakeford shuts it all down on Monday at least we ended with a victory Steelers.

Devils86

My post after the last game ended with a criticism of McNulty but he did well tonight. Much, much better. Glad to see Duggs up the lines and plenty of checks being finished. Not perfect but any win against the Cheats sends me home happy.

On a serious note about Brust - he's awful. He literally fills the net and lets it bounce off him. Rebounds a plenty! He's also very keen to jump from his crease and get nowhere near the puck. They'd be better with Ginn or Owen in net. Thankfully his blatant attempt to cheat didn't lead to two points, but did steal them one.

Swarley

Fully expected to lose tonight, didn't expect anything from us. I'll happily eat those words as we came out and played some really good hockey, Brust getting exposed for the slow cheating walrus he is and the boys took full advantage of it, my only one gripe about our performance tonight is our power play just did not work.