Devils Sign Valdix

Wannabe2

Burny was never great, and he would agree with that, he would stand up for his mates but was far from tough. When it comes to a semi professional which is what he was, even Doug McEwan had another job. And Dougie was on another level to Burny.

terry hunt

I remember Valdix when Thommo had his Swedish coach.
He was a class player but if my memory serves me right he had a few injuries his last season and was a big loss to the Steelers.

JC23

I remember Valdix when Thommo had his Swedish coach.
He was a class player but if my memory serves me right he had a few injuries his last season and was a big loss to the Steelers.
He played 56 games his last season in Orange and 57 the season after for MK. Doesn’t sound like too much time missed to me.

Rhyan48

Burny was never great, and he would agree with that, he would stand up for his mates but was far from tough. When it comes to a semi professional which is what he was, even Doug McEwan had another job. And Dougie was on another level to Burny.
We was actually talking about this in training the other nite says Mcewan is still a very good friend of his and he said he was just a different class of a hockey player he said he had never played with a player like him

revilo

Can someone (who understands it better than me) clarify something? It looks like McNally has been put on the official injured list in order to sign Valdix. Why was this needed if the 19 player limited only applied to bench size and not squad size? Thanks

Devils86

Can someone (who understands it better than me) clarify something? It looks like McNally has been put on the official injured list in order to sign Valdix. Why was this needed if the 19 player limited only applied to bench size and not squad size? Thanks
Not sure if that's for CHL registration

moggy#9

There was something in the league rules this year about limits on registrations and the mechanisms around them. I can't remember the details though. There's probably a link on the league web page.

tim78

I do find it confusing, I thought maybe it's limits on the imports dressed for games but I'm sure other teams have more imports signed already.
Cardiff 14 (inc. Valdix)
Sheffield 15

revilo

Found the info - with the Devils initial roster registration, they are only able to make 7 changes to the whole squad during the season. So putting McNally on injured reserve and swapping Valdix in saves one of those changes. Obviously if Valdix stays, or someone else (rumoured) joins, then thats one of the changes gone.

terry hunt

I suspect his training in Sweden and just popping over the border to Finland makes Covid sense.
TK ,Franny,O'Connor and Ritchie will know him from his Steeler days.Perhaps he is out of rehab now and is looking to show he is not just another sad Orange poser.

Wannabe2

We was actually talking about this in training the other nite says Mcewan is still a very good friend of his and he said he was just a different class of a hockey player he said he had never played with a player like him
I also still talk to Dougie, we became good friends and as Burny says he was different class on and off the ice, to watch MC play was a pure joy. He was trained as a figure skater and glided past players like they didn’t exist, he will always be my favourite all time player, hence the picture of him being my Avatar if that’s the right word.???

moggy#9

I also still talk to Dougie, we became good friends and as Burny says he was different class on and off the ice, to watch MC play was a pure joy. He was trained as a figure skater and glided past players like they didn’t exist, he will always be my favourite all time player, hence the picture of him being my Avatar if that’s the right word.???
Yes, who can forget the skating lessons he gave to Rocky saganiuk? It's good to see that training power skating and proper use of edges are commonplace now for players, but few players make it look as effortless as MC did. BTW there was also the time as Durham that he beat half the wasps team skating backwards to go coast to coast and score.