Devils @ Guilford

BostonBart22

Thats my last man standing out the window, but i dont care, great shutout on the road, really thought we would lose tonight after flames display last week, not many go to guildford and win.. worrying though is sandford and cox not scored for 9 periods but not bothered they will score when we need a game winning goal.

kettdevil1

Looks like Devils had a strong penalty kill tonight.
They did, Guildford rarely looked like scoring. I am loving the PP as well, the speed the puck is being moved is really impressive and Reid could have had a hat trick on another night. I still worry about over committing on D but all in all a good night’s work, bouncing back from a dip in the second period was particularly pleasing, as was Dupont beginning to look like the player we thought he would.

Rempel16

Let’s hope DuPont has turned a corner, about time quite frankly.
I don’t get this negativity. Ulmer took far longer than this to get going and we know how that turned out. We’d probably have had him for the final year also had him and Benti not fallen out.

About time?? It was only the third regular season game of the year! For an older guy, in a new league/country and with coaching duties, I'm sure us fans can give him longer than that to get going.
Totally agree.

august04 2.0

Yes it is about time. He has contributed pretty much nothing for the first 10 games or so, not even the occasional glimpse of what might be in store for us. Even his own coach demoted him from 1st line centre to the 3rd/4th line and only gave him PP minutes after McNally's injury. We can’t carry passengers with this 19 player bench limit, so I hope he now can kick on and be that top line centre that we need him to be.

Slartibartfast

Thread starter #36
Big thank you to Bostonbart22 for the match updates. With no webcast and my inability to understand how twitter works (its my age), I rely on inferno updates.
No sign of any highlights either. I guess Guilford did not record it or are just not in any rush to put a loss like that on you tube.

E.D.S.

I don’t get this negativity. Ulmer took far longer than this to get going and we know how that turned out. We’d probably have had him for the final year also had him and Benti not fallen out.

Totally agree.
What a shout that is Rempel. Yes I remember Ulmer taking a while and really looking out of place but what a player he turned out to be. Said it before, it’s way too early in my book to be calling players out. We’re still figuring out what the lines are.

august04 2.0

Even in the first few months when Ulmer struggled, I don’t remember him not being very good in the face off circle nor around the net (particularly in front) which is where his strengths lay anyway. I may be wrong on that though, it was a while back. I have no idea what DuPont's strengths are, because up until last night, we haven’t seen anything from him - which could be why Skalde had sent him down the lines too. I hope the guy succeeds, don’t want to be chopping and changing. Very interested to see how he gets used tonight.

august04 2.0

Stop being a keyboard warrior and go chat with DuPont personally and tell him how you feel……. Hopefully Louis is next to him when you tell him how you feel about his hockey season so far
Not bring a keyboard warrior, haven’t been abusive to the guy here either. Just expressing my opinion on what I’ve seen so far on the ice - which is surely what this forum is all about. You don’t agree, that’s fine. At least I have an opinion and am not just attacking fellow posters, you should try it sometime.