Webcast a go-er.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #41
But who goes to a live game and spends only £16, whether it’s fuel or fares, food or drink, parking or whatever and time.

jenks33

But who goes to a live game and spends only £16, whether it’s fuel or fares, food or drink, parking or whatever and time.
But i’m just comparing the cost of a match night ticket compared to the cost of watching a game online. I think how much people spend or how little people spend throughout the evening is slightly unfair as it’s going to vary dramatically. As I said earlier being at IAW and watching a game online is night and day in my opinion.
With all due respect Wannabe I do see you as one of these fans that would put a positive spin on things if the new webcast was £25 so probably best to leave it there I think.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #43
Huge respect buddy, as always let’s keep following the lads it’s what it’s all about. Nothing but nothing could ever replace being at our gaff, it’s what we were brought up on.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #44
Life’s too short for hard feelings as you know, yes I am over the top with my passion for the club, some times I wonder if it’s a bad thing and maybe an illness, but then 35yrs ago I was hit with Thor’s Hammer straight to the head, and I have never been the same since. It’s been the biggest roller coaster ride ever, but also the best ever at 72 yrs of age if you can go anywhere for a few hours and feel like your 18yrs old it’s certainly a gods send. Anyway look out Panthers the best team in the league are going to get you. Happy Hockey Days.

Thoughts on webcast please, would love to hear the views of people who watched it.
Overall pretty good, there were some points where the audio cut but after refreshing it cleared the issue and I think it looped back by a second once or twice but overall it was a decently well run live stream of a pretty great game

jenks33

Overall pretty good, there were some points where the audio cut but after refreshing it cleared the issue and I think it looped back by a second once or twice but overall it was a decently well run live stream of a pretty great game
It was fine, no more than that. Certainly miles away from the standard of the Steelers webcast. Can’t say there was much difference in quality between the days I paid £8 to it being £15 tonight.

pjj365

It was "OK" it does what it say as on the tin.
Is it value for money - I don't know because I feel £15 is too expensive whatever.
But good quality pictures though camera seemed a bit jerky at times. Too much commentary/chat at times and little of the atmosphere of the game comes through. I am not looking forward to a season of this but having been only an occasional watcher in previous years I can't be as definitive as jenks33 but it does not seem any better than before
The test is would I buy again - yes but only because I have to.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #50
What if you buy 1 and decide that was pretty neat, do you then decide to never be neat again. If yes then that’s your hang up unfortunately. We all have to live with our own decisions, some are good moves, and some are bummers that’s life.

zoesdevil

What if you buy 1 and decide that was pretty neat, do you then decide to never be neat again. If yes then that’s your hang up unfortunately. We all have to live with our own decisions, some are good moves, and some are bummers that’s life.
Even if it is neat, I can't afford £15 extra everytime, its a heck of a jump in price. I refused to pay it to Sheffield & Belfast so I'm not going to start regularly pay it every week now, as I just don't have the funds for that unfortunately, even if I did, I still think its too high a price to pay.

Rempel16

Even if it is neat, I can't afford £15 extra everytime, its a heck of a jump in price. I refused to pay it to Sheffield & Belfast so I'm not going to start regularly pay it every week now, as I just don't have the funds for that unfortunately, even if I did, I still think its too high a price to pay.
My thoughts exactly.
I don't understand why they're not selling it at a more reasonable price to get more purchases. I'd consider myself a devoted fan, with circumstances dictating that I can't have a season ticket this year for the first time in 12 years. I'd be one of the targeted market, who would go through brick walls to watch their team play. Well they've priced even me out and if they can't get me then they have no hope with the more casual fan.

At £10 a game I'd have likely been tuning in every week, but I certainly won't be paying £15 a game, particularly against the so called 'lesser teams', so there's probably around £150 or so lost just from me. If they can afford to absorb those kind of losses then fair play. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that they'll pick and choose at those prices.

moggy#9

I respect your opinion but going to a game and watching a game online is night and day in my opinion. The fact you can buy a ticket for £16 but to watch online is £15 is wrong.
I take your point on like for like pricing, but in many cases a web cat will be watched by more than one person. Perhaps the pricing reflects that.

Not much difference since Ice time tv done webcasts ,went half’s with my son as too expensive to pay for on my own,won’t be getting it every week I think this is a downfall from the webcast streamer increasing the price ,would like to have feed back from club and Steve King and not from those who can afford it !

jenks33

I take your point on like for like pricing, but in many cases a web cat will be watched by more than one person. Perhaps the pricing reflects that.
To be honest I’m not convinced they take into account how many people might be watching in one household. A big issue for me is the jump in price. It’s a bit easier to take if the price goes up £1 every season but to go from £10 to £15 is just poor. Particularly on the back of a global pandemic.
One thing I’ve really noticed in the past few years is how many fans the devils have that don’t live locally. West Wales, The West Country etc. Must be a huge frustration for those people that can only attend a few games a season that they now have to pay an extra £5 every home game to watch their team online.
I appreciate some fans think £15 is fine and fair enough that’s their opinion. But I’m not going to change my mind on this one. £15 is ridiculous and as a few other posters have said if last weekend’s webcast is anything to go by the quality is exactly the same as it used to be.

E.D.S.

Fair comment about more than one person watching it but it doesn't explain the hike in price. It's about value for me and not cost. The uplift in price isn't good value. There are some basics missing for me. No penalty clock, no shots on goal stats and I always get the impression that the camera guys aren't hockey people. They don't seem to follow the game very well. They miss the hits having already moved on or the camera work is just wobbly. I accepted the original price before and all that came with it but this hike for the same quality is not good value or a fair price for the quality.

jenks33

Fair comment about more than one person watching it but it doesn't explain the hike in price. It's about value for me and not cost. The uplift in price isn't good value. There are some basics missing for me. No penalty clock, no shots on goal stats and I always get the impression that the camera guys aren't hockey people. They don't seem to follow the game very well. They miss the hits having already moved on or the camera work is just wobbly. I accepted the original price before and all that came with it but this hike for the same quality is not good value or a fair price for the quality.
That’s it. I’ve seen a few people saying “well Sheffield charge £15” yes but their webcast is excellent and Jonathan Fearnley is brilliant in my opinion. And I still think £15 is too much for their webcast! I still wouldn’t be happy with a £5 jump but if you’re going to copy Sheffield with pricing you have to make sure the product is just as good. And it isn’t

That’s it. I’ve seen a few people saying “well Sheffield charge £15” yes but their webcast is excellent and Jonathan Fearnley is brilliant in my opinion. And I still think £15 is too much for their webcast! I still wouldn’t be happy with a £5 jump but if you’re going to copy Sheffield with pricing you have to make sure the product is just as good. And it isn’t
have to agree your post mate, this webcast production is no where near as good as Sheffield yet costing the same price wrong increase unfortunately

Wannabe2

Thread starter #59
Wow I can’t believe these comments, firstly no penalty clock, then shots on goal stats, the main camera man is most certainly a hockey person, and is a highly skilled professional who we are certainly lucky to have, wobbly pictures come on give me a break, miss hits and move on, wonder what you would say if it stayed on a hit and missed a goal, or a fight, or a bigger hit. Don’t follow the game the same game that’s played at very high speed, and with the camera in very close proximity, all the game would be covered and nothing missed if the camera zoomed out, but then the players would look like midgets, and that would be cause for another moan. If we don’t do a webcast that’s wrong, if we do a webcast it’s too expensive. Maybe the answer is to have a locked off VHS camera zoomed out to see all the crowd and the play and charge 75p a game. Also there’s always the option no one has to pay, we would all like to be driving a roller or equivalent but you won’t get one for the price of a mini, that’s another thing that’s not fair.

I might be wrong in saying that people saying the £15 is reasonable are the ones that go to all or majority of games, season ticket holders for instance.
Why are you even commenting on it?
Then there is the argument that if there are more than one person watching, it’s great value……..I totally agree!!
I’m not able to attend the rink, and I watch the games alone.Since icetime started offering season tickets for their webcasts I’ve bought them, prior to that individual games.
The first ST cost £200
Last season it was £240.
I think it roughly worked out at around £8 per game, instead of £10.
That’s the bonus for putting your money in their pockets upfront.
So for me at £15 its almost doubled
I fully expected a price rise but wow..
I didn’t buy Saturdays game and haven’t paid £15 for any webcast since a few started going up.
This is going to put me in a position where I can’t watch my favourite team.
Maybe treat myself for Christmas and birthdays )-:

Last edited: