Webcast a go-er.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #3
Think maybe the final testing hadn’t been sorted, these guys won’t promote anything until it’s 100%, and they have come up trumps again. Roll on tomorrow.

jenks33

Surely that price is a mistake!!!
Hope so! Crazy if they’re charging £15 for all matches this season. Particularly crazy for a warm up game!! Unfortunately I watch most Devils games online due to Family/work commitments but I won’t be buying many games this season at that price. I could live with the jump from £8 to £10 but £15 is ridiculous

Wannabe2

Thread starter #10
Pretty sure infinity do Giants, Steelers webcasts, if it’s £15 for them it will the same for us. Sure it was £12 with infinity 2 seasons ago. Everything goes up, nothing comes down if tomorrow’s game is a upgrade then it will be worth it.

I’m someone who watches all games via webcast (buying season tickets with icetime tv). I live in Cardiff but I’m not comfortable going to games for medical reasons.

When Sheffield put their webcast up to £15 I refused to pay that much, and theirs is the best product out there. It was no problem for me as it’s only a few away games a year.

After such a long wait for hockey I am now in a position where I don’t think I can justify watching the Devils as often as I want because of the price.
There isn’t any mention of season tickets on the website, which would bring the price down either.
I knew there would be a price rise but £12 would have been reasonable as stated above.

Seems to be the going rate of webcasts in the league these days, unfortunately.

My cut-off price is £10, perhaps £12 if it was a game I really didn't want to miss. This meant the last season we played I watched the least amount of away games for quite a few years (probably bought 1 or 2 instead of every game).

I just can't justify to myself paying close to walk-up prices to watch a game online. I understand it's not bad value if it's a few people watching together, but for those who watch alone it's not imo.

I’m someone who watches all games via webcast (buying season tickets with icetime tv). I live in Cardiff but I’m not comfortable going to games for medical reasons.

When Sheffield put their webcast up to £15 I refused to pay that much, and theirs is the best product out there. It was no problem for me as it’s only a few away games a year.

After such a long wait for hockey I am now in a position where I don’t think I can justify watching the Devils as often as I want because of the price.
There isn’t any mention of season tickets on the website, which would bring the price down either.
I knew there would be a price rise but £12 would have been reasonable as stated above.
Just to add that when I say I’m not comfortable going to games, it’s not Covid related, it’s an injury I suffered a few years ago

Wannabe2

Thread starter #16
I have a feeling that the pricing is out of the club's hands.
£15 was the going rate for Infinity 21 webcasts last time out.
I used to buy most of our away games but didn't bother at all last season.
Spot on that was their rate 2 seasons ago so there not going to drop it, if the product compares to Steelers it’s worth it. Can’t please everyone all the time unfortunately, think most webcasts will be around that price at least we have one, I would have loved to watch Sundays game at Nottingham, but it ain’t a option being a bunch of dicks.

rocketbob

It is a real shame that there is no season ticket as I used to also re-watch the small number of games (6-10) that I attended. I won't be paying £15 a game for that but as it is the only option I will have to stump up the cash for the vast majority of games where I can't be there in person.

Pricing does seem a little steep, particularly for the pre-season though as said previously it does appear to be the norm at the minute, time will tell for the quality of the streaming.

It may be an 'out-there' suggestion and I'm not sure if it's been discussed about before as I'm fairly new to the forum but what would people's thoughts be of an ST holder discount? Or exchanging a seat for a webcast if you couldn't make a given game (again not sure on feasibility of that) but an interesting point to think on perhaps?