2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

Mazzoak

I think you’ve got your weeks and months a little confused. $2413-$2595 is per month. If that was the estimate in line with the salary cap Greenville would be icing 5 players per week.

It’s pretty clear there is much more money to be made in the EIHL.
ECHL Cap at $13,900.
EIHL Cap at £8,000 (rumoured).

Maybe my Maths is as bad as my English.......

jenks33

Thread starter #603
On a slightly boring note i'm a bit surprised O'Connor will be wearing 12 for us. 81 for Steelers wasn’t he? And 28 for GB I think.

Finny

Which bit you having difficulty with.....
Almost all of it?
Suggesting that Lord moving and signing players was not amicable with our club?

Well Todd held a press conference with Lord about him leaving. He wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t happy. Also repeatedly retweeting and liking their tweets isn’t something someone would do if they left on poor terms.
They left on great terms.

Signing Cardiff players? Only happened after it became obvious there would be no EIHL season. So that point is completely mute.

And then when you talk about a clash in ethos I have no idea which two ex players you are referring to?

matbur

Yeah, it's too early to say with regards to comparing this years defence with the previous season's.

I understand some of the reservations around O'Connor but alongside Richie in a new environment and different coach could really settle him down and see him impress.

My biggest query about the team right now is our first line. Not convinced who'll feature, particularly at 1C.

I know we were never going to get a direct replacement for Joey Martin but it's going to fascinating watching the first few games to see how the new guys play and what their roles are.

Isn't it just great to be able to chat like this about the team on the ice btw! I am literally counting down the days to getting back in the arena again.

Finny

ECHL Cap at $13,900.
EIHL Cap at £8,000 (rumoured).

Maybe my Maths is as bad as my English.......
Where has that rumour come from?
It doesn’t look anywhere near high enough for me.
Teams advertise for imports at £1000 a week.
£8000 cap wouldn’t allow £500 a week per player!

jenks33

Thread starter #609
Yeah, it's too early to say with regards to comparing this years defence with the previous season's.

I understand some of the reservations around O'Connor but alongside Richie in a new environment and different coach could really settle him down and see him impress.

My biggest query about the team right now is our first line. Not convinced who'll feature, particularly at 1C.

I know we were never going to get a direct replacement for Joey Martin but it's going to fascinating watching the first few games to see how the new guys play and what their roles are.

Isn't it just great to be able to chat like this about the team on the ice btw! I am literally counting down the days to getting back in the arena again.
Yeah 1C is an interesting one. Could be Lammon or Dixon but then Cox, Sanford and Dupont (if he signs) can all play centre. Can’t see it being Dixon if I’m honest. I expect him to be on the third line with Mcnally and Davies. I’m still going for Lammon, I might be wrong but I get the feeling Skalde sees a lot more in Lammon than maybe some previous coaches have.

august04 2.0

I think O'Connor and Richie having an entire year together will be interesting come WC time.

No reservations here, just remember these 2 play at that level consistently.
Agreed. Three quality imports, the best British D pairing at World Championship level for years and Josh Batch. That defensive corps will do for me.

tim78

With you on Lammon. Not sure what impact he had last season but his team won the league and he appears one of the top points players on his team.

If we do get Brodie then I would imagine Lammon will join Cox and Sanford.

Wish the team had more time before the CHL.

ps Wonder if the CHL has a big enticement for O Connor

Does anyone know where we stand with the rumoured bench limit of 5 brits and 14 imports, or is it a 19 player bench with no more than 14 imports?
I’m thinking if it’s correct,we have 6 brits.
Is the under 23 rule still in place?
More questions than answers!!!

tim78

Found the below for the elite series just past, thought they weren't making any changes to the bench size -

Roster size
Game-day roster sizes for the Elite Series are set at 20 players: 18 skaters and two netminders. With five protected British players, and up to eight imports allowed, teams will need to draft at least seven additional British players on Monday night.

Is Myers defo not back as that would make 4 forward lines!

jenks33

Thread starter #614
With you on Lammon. Not sure what impact he had last season but his team won the league and he appears one of the top on his team.

If we do get Brodie then I would imagine Lammon will join Cox and Sanford.

Wish the team had more time before the CHL.
I read an interview with Lammon and I got the impression that he kind of fell into a defensive forward role at Allen but he’s got the ability to put up good numbers if given the opportunity. He won the ‘best defensive forward’ award when he was in Mercyhurst so maybe he’s been pigeonholed a bit. Just a hunch

Mazzoak

Almost all of it?
Suggesting that Lord moving and signing players was not amicable with our club?

Well Todd held a press conference with Lord about him leaving. He wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t happy. Also repeatedly retweeting and liking their tweets isn’t something someone would do if they left on poor terms.
They left on great terms.

Signing Cardiff players? Only happened after it became obvious there would be no EIHL season. So that point is completely mute.

And then when you talk about a clash in ethos I have no idea which two ex players you are referring to?
So the issue is my viewpoint compared to yours & not my grammar.

Ok, so you accept the clubs public displays of affection towards Andrew Lord moving on to seek pastures new in the ECHL. Maybe the press conference was genuinely congratulating the past achievements, that doesn’t mean that Todd was happy loosing Lord. Both stated that this day would come, I’m just not convinced that at that point in time future plans potentially became less achievable and not the greatest of timing to move on. The signing since of Skalde as it turns out may have improved those ambitions, time will tell. Liking Tweets, maybe it’s just me that does that sarcastically. The signing of players, l referenced Covid, although at the time it was pretty obvious those going wouldn’t return.
The clash in Ethos, discussions was referencing the style of play between boring hockey and physical hockey taking place on the Inferno. The two ex players being Lord & Kelman, you do know both played hockey. What I’m referencing is, l thought obviously, was a clash in ethos between the two “Boses”, one wanting entertainment & results, the other just results. Ultimately causing a breakdown in relationship that was become more inevitable as seasons continued......

Last edited:

Have Hope#35

I'd like to think that we will run with the 14 Imports allowed and the 6 Brits Signed - That will give us 4 Lines for CHL and a spare that could replace an Import or a Brit if there are injuries! That would give us 2 more Import Signings, presumably Brodie Dupont if that rumour comes to fruition and maybe 1 other?

jenks33

Thread starter #617
I'd like to think that we will run with the 14 Imports allowed and the 6 Brits Signed - That will give us 4 Lines for CHL and a spare that could replace an Import or a Brit if there are injuries! That would give us 2 more Import Signings, presumably Brodie Dupont if that rumour comes to fruition and maybe 1 other?
I got the impression from Steve King’s post the other day that we will go with 19 players due to the salary cap.

jenks33

Thread starter #618

Ok, so you accept the clubs public displays of affection towards Andrew Lord moving on to seek pastures new in the ECHL. Maybe the press conference was genuinely congratulating the past achievements, that doesn’t mean that Todd was happy loosing Lord. Both stated that this day would come, I’m just not convinced that at that point in time future plans potentially became less achievable and not the greatest of timing to move on. The signing since of Skalde as it turns out may have improved those ambitions, time will tell. Liking Tweets, maybe it’s just me that does that sarcastically. The signing of players, l referenced Covid, although at the time it was pretty obvious those going wouldn’t return.
The clash in Ethos, discussions was referencing the style of play between boring hockey and physical hockey taking place on the Inferno. The two ex players being Lord & Kelman, you do know both played hockey. What I’m referencing is, l thought obviously, was a clash in ethos between the two “Boses”, one wanting entertainment & results, the other just results. Ultimately causing a breakdown in relationship that was become more inevitable as seasons continued......
I’m sure Lord and Kelman had clashes over the years, which is completely normal, but I have no doubts that Lord left on good terms. It’s been well documented that Lordo and Franny were part of the recruitment process for the new coach. Would that really happen if Lordo and Kelman weren’t particularly close? Doubt it

Finny

So ultimately are you suggesting that Haddad didn’t return because......Kelman and Lord fell out?