2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

BostonBart22

Hope he plays as he did in past GB colours as opposed to orange, his last season with sheffied wasnt that great then again i dont think he wanted to be there on times from what i saw of him., anyway hope he can bring the early years BOC to the devils which surley he will

CaldicotDevil

I think that the pairings are going to be key. Batch is far less likely to be out muscled it caught up ice than reddick.
If you base it on;

Mikkelson - Register
Richie - BOC
Louis - Batch

I like the look of it compared to last year. I was a bit underwhelmed with Morrisonn considering his CV, didn’t rate Mcmonagle at all. Fourns is a huge loss but hopefully Register steps up.

august04 2.0

I much prefer the way our defence is looking this year. For me, Reddick and McMonagle were defensive liabilities. We will miss Fournier, no doubt about that, but we have experience, size, good physical presence, O'Connor brings great offensive upside for a Brit and Mikkelson and Register look to be superb new signings. I’m happy with our defence and let’s not forget they are in in front of two quality netminders this year.

Wannabe2

Great signing, welcome to Cardiff Ben you got here at last, like all the other players he will settle well here and I think he will blossom and be at his best, team looking pretty awesome in fairness, another class forward and lookout the others.

RedDevil17

Let’s be honest, being paired with Davey Phillips hasn’t helped him whatsoever these past few years at Sheffield. (Phillips is dreadful!)

Whenever O’Connor plays with Richardson on the other hand during the worlds, he always does well. I’m very happy with this signing and is far better than McMonagle.

jenks33

Thread starter #574
I’m a bit worried about O’Connor but as others have pointed out Mcmonagle was far from convincing defensively. I’d take O’Connor over Mcmonagle.

moggy#9

Let’s be honest, being paired with Davey Phillips hasn’t helped him whatsoever these past few years at Sheffield. (Phillips is dreadful!)

Whenever O’Connor plays with Richardson on the other hand during the worlds, he always does well. I’m very happy with this signing and is far better than McMonagle.
That's an interesting observation. Pairings are obviously going to be key, but beyond that the forward group on a that line. We know that lammon is a defensive forward, so we start getting a bit of cover should our defence go on an adventure.

moggy#9

I know some people didn't like jardine, but I thought he got better as the season went on. I certainly preferred him on the ice to reddick. If you look at defence we've downgraded. Obviously the intent is that we more than offset by having the best netminding duo in the league.

tim78

We have a fair few Right hands, really looking forward to the season.

My guess

Crandall - Lammon - Reid (Experience)
McNally - Dixon - Davies (Alot of forechecking)
Cox - Sanford - Duggan -
Waller

Mikkelson - Register
Richie - O'Connor (GB pairing, worked on the world stage)
Louis - Batch

Diablo3

I trust our leadership in the decisions they are making. But I'm feeling a bit nervous about batch and O'Connor on our blue line.
As Steve King said, "Huge signing to complete our D corps. Ben brings proven offence to our D to compliment the shutdown guys that we have ". In other words he's not not expecting him to be a stay at home D man. He adds a huge level of offence.

Can't wait to see this team in action