Signings for 2021/22 season

terry hunt

Just rechecking our last roster.
The obvious thing is the clearout of the sick and the old players.The ones that didnt retire were helped on their way.
I thought Linglet was retiring but it doesnt look like it and where is Marjamaki?

Devils86

Just rechecking our last roster.
The obvious thing is the clearout of the sick and the old players.The ones that didnt retire were helped on their way.
I thought Linglet was retiring but it doesnt look like it and where is Marjamaki?
Presume chucky retired but hasn't confirmed it. In a video he did for Bowns I remember him holding his playoff medal and saying it was the only championship he won in his career.

Gutted personally. Thank goodness we still have Dixon, all my other favourites left!

Gazr76

Marjamaki. You could see what an awesome player he could be, he would display little flashes of brilliance every so often. I really liked him as a player. Would have loved to have seen him play at his peak.

Mazzoak

Think he is a prick doing this after what the devils done for him I heard this a while back he wanted to look around even though devils offerd him a new contract ! Better off with out someone like him
That’s a bit harsh.

You need to realise these are pro’s, there job hockey. There contractually obligated to represent their employer, the club. That involves supporting the club, showing zero disrespect and doing everything their told to do, including sucking up to fans, signing autographs and acting as if every fan is important to them. The reality away from that is most hate that part of the job & would rather go home, a club or anything other than sucking up to fans in the bar at the end of the night. So in that respect don’t take it personally, it’s just their job.........

kingmo19.1

Whoa! Nearly a forum fight! And it’s not even pre-season !!!!! Calm down kids, let’s not descend to that level.

Players come and go (for whatever reason) and that’s their prerogative - and that’ll continue forever and a day.

The most important fact is hockey is almost back, so let’s put aside catcalling when we don’t know the full facts as to why, by whom or when that decision was made.

Peace and love to all clubs, players and fans.

moggy#9

Thought he was a good player for us, unless you seen something different in him..
From what I recall at the time, allegedly although he put up lots of points he was a bit of a negative presence in the dressing room. Also there was the thing about him allegedly not fulfilling contracts.

moggy#9

Just looking at my calendar at the run up to the first matches. The team flies out to Slovakia on the 19th. Assuming they want to have at least a week of training before that takes us to the 12th. Then, with 10 days quarantine, that makes 2nd August - i.e. this coming Monday for players flying in. Presumably this means that the rest of the signings would need to be announced very soon. Otherwise the jenks surveillance van will have the info first. ;-)

terry hunt

I suspect that Steve King/TK are a bit wary of Jenks.He seems to have penetrated their defences so they are keeping info very close to their chests.
Wasnt there some talk about open training sessions for the fans to see the players.
I think Jenks needs to focus his antenna on the IAW or maybe use a tracker or 2

Earnie

Talking of IAW Terry, it would be nice to see VIOLA signage disappear .
I guess it is at the back of the list as far as expenditure is concerned. What the Club needs is revenue!

kingmo19.1

I suspect that Steve King/TK are a bit wary of Jenks.He seems to have penetrated their defences so they are keeping info very close to their chests.
Wasnt there some talk about open training sessions for the fans to see the players.
I think Jenks needs to focus his antenna on the IAW or maybe use a tracker or 2
Sources tell me ….. over the past 3 years, Jenks has installed hidden CCTV cameras not only in Todd’s IAW office but also Steve’s house in Calgary! Apparently, Jenks flew out under cover when the owners were in the U.K. last time !!!!

All images are constantly streamed into Jenks mobile surveillance unit for scanning and deciphering!

Expect further announcements from Jenks soon !!!!

Ger-Devils

Just looking at my calendar at the run up to the first matches. The team flies out to Slovakia on the 19th. Assuming they want to have at least a week of training before that takes us to the 12th. Then, with 10 days quarantine, that makes 2nd August - i.e. this coming Monday for players flying in. Presumably this means that the rest of the signings would need to be announced very soon. Otherwise the jenks surveillance van will have the info first. ;-)
I thought the quarantine removed from Monday if flying into England?

moggy#9

Talking of IAW Terry, it would be nice to see VIOLA signage disappear .
I guess it is at the back of the list as far as expenditure is concerned. What the Club needs is revenue!
I'm wondering whether arena sponsorship might be tied in with our new major sponsor - whoever that is. I would guess that some sort of announcement would be made as soon as skalde and the players are around for suitable photo ops.