Signings for 2021/22 season

JC23

Of the players we’ve signed I’d have thought it would be between Dixon and Mikkelson, with Richardson an outside bet.

If he did return, Myers would be a very strong candidate too.
I’m with you on the Mikkelson shout here.

Dixon was my choice before Joey had the C, but he didn’t even get an A, so who knows.

moggy#9

After the five signings were announced in Calgary I think I remember Steve saying that some of those players will be given a chance to shine in Cardiff and they possibly weren’t given that opportunity elsewhere. I’m sure he was talking about Sanford but he may have been talking about Lammon as well. Everything I’ve read about Lammon is about how good a defensive forward he is and because of that maybe he wasn’t given much of a chance to show what he can do at the other end of the ice during his time with Allen.
Yeah, that would be the McIntyre scenario. Interesting.

JC23

He's now the main continuity guy amongst the imports, and wasn't he Captain for Greenville? That's my thinking.
I think you got my message mixed up here bud.

I meant before Joey Martin got the C for us, I expected it to be Dixon. But Dixon never got an A.

Of course if Joey Haddad comes back, he’s odds on for the C this coming season.

moggy#9

I think you got my message mixed up here bud.

I meant before Joey Martin got the C for us, I expected it to be Dixon. But Dixon never got an A.

Of course if Joey Haddad comes back, he’s odds on for the C this coming season.
Apologies, it gets confusing on these threads sometimes.

Devil94

I reckon Skalde has signed Mikkelson to be the captain. Dont think he'll take in to consideration that Haddad or Dixon has played here before. They didnt play for him so makes no difference to him. When looking at CV and experience of being a leader the obvious choice is Mikkelson.

JC23

Spot on that was exactly the scenario, I thought McIntyre was rubbish until a few weeks in, he then went on to be everyone’s favourite, what a great player.
I’ve got a feeling McNally may be a little like that this year.

Most people don’t seem to rate him that highly, personally I think he’s going to be a huge fan favourite but Christmas time.

ASHIPP

You would think that someone of Mikkelsons calibre and experience would be a dead cert for the Captaincy. He should be. But then Charlie Linglet didn't have the 'C'.

Jarrod said in an interview that one of the big draws for Mikkelson was the fact that the Devils were participating in the CHL.

jenks33

Thread starter #331
I’ve got a feeling McNally may be a little like that this year.

Most people don’t seem to rate him that highly, personally I think he’s going to be a huge fan favourite but Christmas time.
I haven’t seen many doubting that’s he’s going to be a fan favourite. He seems like a real character that isn’t going to take a backward step. My hope is that he’s going to surprise a few with his ability on the puck

JC23

I haven’t seen many doubting that’s he’s going to be a fan favourite. He seems like a real character that isn’t going to take a backward step. My hope is that he’s going to surprise a few with his ability on the puck
That’s kinda what I mean mate.
I think he’ll be a huge character for sure. But I also think his offensive side will surprise a few.

Slartibartfast

Its difficult to compare players by points average who have played in different leagues but I had a go. I compared how each player has done in their last ECHL or EIHL season (which I think are comparable). I adjusted for the WHL being a junior league and the fact that Sanfords ECHL numbers were half of what they were in WHL. Based on my possibly dodgy maths, Mcnally comes out on our top line. Looking at videos of him he looks like a decent power forward who can score some nice goals.
I think we have still to sign a first line centre or maybe Dixon will take that spot with a second line centre coming in. (although Sanford and Cox can play wing or centre). Anyway its all conjecture but its peeing down outside so what else am I going to do on a Saturday morning.

LW C RW
Line 1 Brandon mcnally TBD Justin Crandall
Line 2 Trevor Cox Stephen Dixon Cole Sanford
Line 3 Josh Waller Josh lammon Ben Davies
Line 4 Sam Duggan

JC23

The way I have it with the players we have already;
LW - C - RW
McNally - Dixon - Crandall
Cox - Lammon - Sanford
Waller - Davies - Duggan

With one more player to come in, who knows.