2021/22 Roster - Rumours/Predictions

jenks33

Thread starter #1
Anybody got any rumours or predictions on the roster for the upcoming season? I’m being positive and assuming we get a full season.

I still think Mac Carruth will be our new starting goalie. Mac and a few of his relatives have recently started following the devils on social media. I also think Cole Sanford will end up here. His stats were nothing special in the 19 games he played for the Florida Everblades this season but I like his stats with the University of Alberta. Guildford have recruited some very decent players from that Uni - Crooks, Rachinski, Reddick, Yadlowski, Ferguson all signed for Guildford after their time at Univ of Alberta.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/101594/cole-sanford

NathanG

Anybody got any rumours or predictions on the roster for the upcoming season? I’m being positive and assuming we get a full season.

I still think Mac Carruth will be our new starting goalie. Mac and a few of his relatives have recently started following the devils on social media. I also think Cole Sanford will end up here. His stats were nothing special in the 19 games he played for the Florida Everblades this season but I like his stats with the University of Alberta. Guildford have recruited some very decent players from that Uni - Crooks, Rachinski, Reddick, Yadlowski, Ferguson all signed for Guildford after their time at Univ of Alberta.

I also hope Mac is our starting goalie. Good stats and he comes across as a nice guy. A good fit for the organisation.

Devil94

Yeah looks fairly conclusive that Mac will be our goalie.

I'd be interested to know where your Sanford hunch has come from. Can't see any connection with Devils or Skalde on his CV.
A small guy, but to score 95 points in a major junior season is impressive that's for sure.

jenks33

Thread starter #4
Yeah looks fairly conclusive that Mac will be our goalie.

I'd be interested to know where your Sanford hunch has come from. Can't see any connection with Devils or Skalde on his CV.
A small guy, but to score 95 points in a major junior season is impressive that's for sure.
Yeah Sanford is more of a hunch. His old man has started following the Devils on twitter and is retweeting/liking a lot of devils tweets. Who knows he might just be a friend of the owners or possibly a friend of one of the players.

I do look at Cole’s CV tho and think it could happen. As I said Guildford have recruited some very good players from the University of Alberta so it might be something we’ve looked at. He’s also from Vernon which is a place Todd, Lordo and the owners have links with.

Devil94

I heard Todd say on Wally's podcast recently that there's going to be 10-12 new guys, which I'm sure is more than they anticipated this time last year. Players like Joey Martin and probably Gleason Fournier who agreed to come back but have found opportunities elsewhere.

In a way, it allows Skalde to put his own stamp on the team, which is great. On the other hand, we haven't had such a turnover of players in 7 years. An interesting season ahead, I'm sure in more ways than one.

jenks33

Thread starter #8
I heard Todd say on Wally's podcast recently that there's going to be 10-12 new guys, which I'm sure is more than they anticipated this time last year. Players like Joey Martin and probably Gleason Fournier who agreed to come back but have found opportunities elsewhere.

In a way, it allows Skalde to put his own stamp on the team, which is great. On the other hand, we haven't had such a turnover of players in 7 years. An interesting season ahead, I'm sure in more ways than one.
Looking at the 2019/20 roster I think there are only 6 players remaining that might sign for us next season. Haddad, Myers, Mosey, Jardine, Batch, Richardson.

Richie and Myers are definites for me. Can’t see those two going elsewhere.
Not sure about Batch and Mosey. I think they are probables but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if they end up in Manchester and Nottingham.
As for Haddad and Jardine I still think Haddad will be back. Him and his partner seem to love cardiff and I don’t think he will want to grind out another season in the coast. Jardine would be a huge re-signing. I can’t see him going back to the coast but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him in Austria/Germany

fridaysfingers

I’m pretty sure Fournier didn’t agree to sign for the Devils at all.

BostonBart22

Looking at the 2019/20 roster I think there are only 6 players remaining that might sign for us next season. Haddad, Myers, Mosey, Jardine, Batch, Richardson.

Not sure about Batch and Mosey. I think they are probables but it wouldn’t be a huge surprise if they end up in Manchester and Nottingham.
As for Haddad and Jardine I still think Haddad will be back. Him and his partner seem to love cardiff and I don’t think he will want to grind out another season in the coast. Jardine would be a huge re-signing. I can’t see him going back to the coast but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him in Austria/Germany
Regarding haddad and jardine it will depend on what's on the table, remember they only got short careers in ice hockey

moggy#9

Isn't batch due his testimonial? I really can't see him going anywhere.

jenks33

Thread starter #13
Yeah Myers is a definite and Batch is a probable for me. Chances of batch coming back are definitely high. Only doubts I’ve got with batch is whether Ben Davies has signed, with Skalde saying he wants a fast team it wouldn’t surprise me if he likes the look of Ben. Is their room for Duggan, Waller, Myers, Ben Davies and Batch? I still think there’s more chance of Batch ending up here than Ben tho

Finny

Yeah Myers is a definite and Batch is a probable for me. Chances of batch coming back are definitely high. Only doubts I’ve got with batch is whether Ben Davies has signed, with Skalde saying he wants a fast team it wouldn’t surprise me if he likes the look of Ben. Is their room for Duggan, Waller, Myers, Ben Davies and Batch? I still think there’s more chance of Batch ending up here than Ben tho
There was talk pre-Covid of them starting to reduce the import limit.
If they reduce it by 1 (as they were planning) then to still play 4 lines we'd need to re-sign our previous brits + 1 extra + replacement for Bowns.
Waller is one new brit - so we ideally still need another plus Myers, Richardson and Batch all re-signing.
(Plus a new backup netminder)

I saw Batch at my work earlier, I should've asked him haha.