celebrity/famous Devils fans

kingmo19.1

Now, if your also including Super High Profile VIP’s that have had the luxury of observing the game from the mirror imaged hospitality box up in the gantry, we’ve also had:-

Barrack and Michelle Obama
Angela Merkel (she flies in for the CHL)
The Pope (loves the Challenge Cup)
Nicola Sturgeon (massive Fife fan)
Beyoncé and Jay Z (love Tom’s Rutkis)
Drake (massive Joey Martin fan)
Bono (comes over for the Giants games)

SteveKing

Now that you mention it, one of the things that led me to get involved with the Devils in the first place was the promise that Catherine Zeta Jones would be attending the games. Almost seven years in and...nothing. Who fixes this???

KaneDevils

Havent heard of half these people in all honesty and have never seen anyone famous at a game. That said, ive never really looked. I cant take my eyes off the game. I could be sat next to michelle keegan and not even realise. Although ......

moggy#9

Havent heard of half these people in all honesty and have never seen anyone famous at a game. That said, ive never really looked. I cant take my eyes off the game. I could be sat next to michelle keegan and not even realise. Although ......
Generally speaking I think the term celebrity is a bit overused. I don't watch disk operas and don't really listen to music from the last 20 years, do I have no chance.

Wannabe2

Who’s Michelle Keegan.???

Ocko

Agree. Looking at this thread confirms we don’t really have any celebrity fans, and couldnt care less if we did really. I don’t think any of the Z listers mentioned in this thread have ever done anything to raise the profile of the Devils given their apparent ‘position’.

moggy#9

Agree. Looking at this thread confirms we don’t really have any celebrity fans, and couldnt care less if we did really. I don’t think any of the Z listers mentioned in this thread have ever done anything to raise the profile of the Devils given their apparent ‘position’.
Well Cardiff is hardly a hotbed of celebrity culture. I'd be interesting to know if the football or rugby clubs attract anyone who is moderately well known.

Kevlar68

So for those who don't know these people mentioned who would you class a celeb/famous person who In reality may come to watch the Devils on a regular basis from around this neck of the woods?
The Go Compare man?
Stacey out of Gavin & Stacey?
The voice over guy "Tell em Trevor sent you"?
And please don't say Tom Jones, if he went I'd stay at home.
Yes there are bigger celebrities/famous people than the ones mentioned but South Wales isn't good enough for them anymore they're in LA, London, Paris, Machynlleth.
Just because we don't know certain people doesn't mean they're not famous, it just means we don't know them.
To us as devils supporters our players are famous, to people who don't watch British ice hockey they're just another guy on the street.
Even our own fans, some would call Lawless, the Cooper's, Moria, Hodge, McEwen famous but I bet allot of our newer supporters wouldn't know them even if they were sat next to them.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

So for those who don't know these people mentioned who would you class a celeb/famous person who In reality may come to watch the Devils on a regular basis from around this neck of the woods?
The Go Compare man?
Stacey out of Gavin & Stacey?
The voice over guy "Tell em Trevor sent you"?
And please don't say Tom Jones, if he went I'd stay at home.
Yes there are bigger celebrities/famous people than the ones mentioned but South Wales isn't good enough for them anymore they're in LA, London, Paris, Machynlleth.
Just because we don't know certain people doesn't mean they're not famous, it just means we don't know them.
To us as devils supporters our players are famous, to people who don't watch British ice hockey they're just another guy on the street.
Even our own fans, some would call Lawless, the Cooper's, Moria, Hodge, McEwen famous but I bet allot of our newer supporters wouldn't know them even if they were sat next to them.
Think we refer more to the term, "celebrity". Such is the show "im a celebrity, get me out of here". A more accurate and apt name would be, "I'm a has been at best, keep me in so I can get a few more followers on Instagram and make a few quid". A simple case of making conversation and reacting the to thread. And no, British ice hockey players are not considered famous, not even in wannabe's eyes.