NHL to start in January ....

Kevlar68

Again it will happen and its a forum so people can post what they want, i get where your coming from though but we can't tell people what they can and can't post.
Hardly any of the posts on here have been about the season starting as the topic was started in December which is what the thread is about.

august04 2.0

Again it will happen and its a forum so people can post what they want, i get where your coming from though but we can't tell people what they can and can't post.
Hardly any of the posts on here have been about the season starting as the topic was started in December which is what the thread is about.
No it’s just a common courtesy to other posters, who have respectfully asked people not to do it.

Wannabe2

But this isn‘t a results thread - if it was I wouldn’t read it if I wanted to avoid a result. People have been commenting generally on the NHL re-starting. Nothing stopping people posting general comments on the games - just don’t post the outcome, not difficult is it? Particularly the day after when many will watch recordings from the night before.
Spot on August, with you all the way, I also record games to watch at my leisure, why people have to put results on here is beyond me.

Kevlar68

As i said it will happen. Some don't read every single post on a thread and just innocently post a reply be it a comment or a score. It's not done out of disrespect to others, its a genuine innocent post.
I've done it. I've posted something without reading the whole thread and someone has commented "That's already been said" then i apologies for being lazy :(

august04 2.0

Well it’s been highlighted several times now, so if it continues to happen, then those that do it clearly have no thought for their fellow posters on the Inferno. I’m interested in reading general comments on the NHL, which is why I have read this thread. Let’s have a bit more respect for each other’s wishes though and leave the spoilers please. If someone wants to continue to do it, then can they please create a dedicated results thread and post to their hearts content in there!

Kevlar68

It's only be highlighted once within 17 posts and then yours, so twice and the next game spoiler was posted 5 posts down after the original post about not putting spoilers so they may have innocently posted without reading the previous posts.
31 games played and 2 results posted.

I've started a new thread with a clear headline so people don't get mixed up. ;)

august04 2.0

It's only be highlighted once within 17 posts and then yours, so twice and the next game spoiler was posted 5 posts down after the original post about not putting spoilers so they may have innocently posted without reading the previous posts.
31 games played and 2 results posted.
Clearly wasting my time trying to get you to understand.....

Kevlar68

No not really, i understand, that's why i started a new thread to stop spoilers on here :).
No one has put a spoiler on this thread on purpose to disrespect anyone else.

Last edited:

KaneDevils

But this isn‘t a results thread - if it was I wouldn’t read it if I wanted to avoid a result. People have been commenting generally on the NHL re-starting. Nothing stopping people posting general comments on the games - just don’t post the outcome, not difficult is it? Particularly the day after when many will watch recordings from the night before.
Alright, alright. Jesus. I know theres little to do right now, but dont get excited. Honest mistake. Easily done.

Kevlar68

I think some people have become very fragile with being locked in like a caged animal and reading threads wrong and over reacting on something so minor when there wasn't a huge issue to be brought up. Just read through and you can see.

KaneDevils has said it was an honest mistake, i said it most probably was a genuine innocent post but some think its an act of disrespect, WRONG!

KaneDevils

Guess that’s why the Inferno has such a reputation people don’t read the posts properly then waste several pages arguing.......
If you post on a thread that already has 25 pages, do you read all 25 pages before posting? Id bet the answer for you, and most, would be no. Plus your input can be seen as trolling. Trying to ruffle feathers, perhaps.

kingmo19.1

Thread starter #38
Guess that’s why the Inferno has such a reputation people don’t read the posts properly then waste several pages arguing.......
I said to Marjorie last night that Doris embroidery is coming along lovely and she's so talented for a 97 year old. Cross-stitching at her age - I mean with her eyesight is a wonderful achievement. Old Arther mentioned his marrow's are growing lovely down on the allotment and Dierdrie's eyes lit-up a treat when she heard that! Can't say I feel too sorry for Audrie though in number 46. I mean, if you will put up those net curtains you can expect Richmond the cat to get his claws caught in them. Thankfully, Cedric at number 57 has done the right thing and erected a lovely pink pelmet in his bay window - oh, it's a sight to behold.

Last edited: