pjj365

Thread starter #1
Not a bad start for former Devils. In points order after 6 regular season games

Jardine 5 from 5-1G
Mychan 6 from 5 - 5G
Haddad 4 from 6 - 2G
McNmee 2 from 4 - 1G

BostonBart22

What a player Jessee was for us, cant see him returning as he was released under a cloud without warning, think his parents blasted their sons treatment by devils management at the time..

Wannabe2

Jesse was only 22 when he came to us, he was a bit hotheaded and pretty fiery, but he was certainly passionate and committed and a fans favourite. Would love him back.

Haddad named captain with Jardine as A lternative Captain

GREENVILLE, S.C. – The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are proud to announce an update to the team’s on-ice leadership. Forward Joey Haddad will assume the role as Captain for the remainder of the 2020-21 season. Defenseman Samuel Jardine and forward Garrett Thompson will both remain Alternate Captains.
Haddad, 32, signed with the Swamp Rabbits prior to puck drop on the 2020-21 season. In eight games this campaign, Haddad is tied for the team lead in goals (3) with Ben Finkelstein. After a successful six-year stint with the EIHL’s Cardiff Devils which included two league titles, the Sydney, Nova Scotia native returned to the ECHL. Haddad served as Captain for the Gwinnett Gladiators in 2013-14 and registered 42 points (18 goals, 24 assists) in 61 games.
Jardine, 27, will retain the “A” on his sweater after beginning the season as one of three Alternate Captains. Jardine’s two assists on Wednesday night were his sixth and seventh helpers on the young campaign. The Lacombe, Alberta native’s seven assists leads all ECHL defenseman entering tonight’s game.
Thompson, 30, will also retain the “A” on his sweater after beginning the season as one of three Alternate Captains. In eight games this season, Thompson has registered two points (one goal, one assist). His lone goal this season came on Dec. 27, 2020 at South Carolina. Entering tonight, the former Ferris State University standout has appeared in 175 career ECHL games.

Devils86

Am starting to wonder what form our Devils will take when we get back on the ice.
Bitter sweet that all the guys are doing so well.

voth26

Am starting to wonder what form our Devils will take when we get back on the ice.
Bitter sweet that all the guys are doing so well.
I was wondering the same thing, by making Joey captain and Sam an Assistant could Lordo be planning to keep Joey and Sam with the rabbits??

Wannabe2

I honestly believe the only 2 things that would keep these lads from returning back to Cardiff are. (A) They get offered a contract in AHL or similar and (B) Our season 21/22 don’t happen, If we can get back to some sort of normality by Sept/Oct I can truly see these lads returning. Stay Safe All.

Kevlar68

New players yes but at what level?
Sam and Joey both Canadian and Greenville about 90 mins flight from Canada I think, instead of 7 1/2 - 8 hours from UK.
Family and friends being closer can make a difference to some players.

Last edited:

Ocko

I’d be amazed if those in Greenville are back. Why would they if they’re enjoying it. Old coach there, new friends, Joey is 32 and must want a more settled life, just made captain etc.

I think Joey Martin will be back, but sadly doubt Haddad, McNamee and Jardine will.

Wannabe2

If they sign elsewhere, we’ll recruit new players - it’s not the end of the world.
Absolutely correct, how many times have we had a favourite and couldn’t see them being replaced, only to see them being replaced. Like lots of people I would like these guys back, but if it don’t happen then it don’t happen, after all they all go at sometime. The main thing at the moment is safety and hopefully getting our special sport back, although that’s obviously not the number1 priority in this crap situation. Stay Safe All.

august04 2.0

New players yes but at what level?
Sam and Joey both Canadian and Greenville about 90 mins flight from Canada I think, instead of 7 1/2 - 8 hours from UK.
Family and friends being closer can make a difference to some players.
Similar level or even better, why not? If we pick up from where we left off, we’ll be shopping from the same pool of players with a vastly more experienced and well connected head coach too. If money dictates we shop at a lower level, then the rest of the league will be too - but I think it will come back to what it was, if not next year, then soon afterwards. We’ll recover, with new players as needed.

Kevlar68

IF the English clubs play a season without us as it has been reported they will be able to raid the better players before we even start and we'll be playing catch up with what could be the leftovers. It could go either way, nobody really knows or can be certain of anything.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

IF the English clubs play a season without us as it has been reported they will be able to raid the better players before we even start and we'll be playing catch up with what could be the leftovers. It could go either way, nobody really knows or can be certain of anything.
No one will be playing before us, that’s hugely unlikely and won’t happen. If we get a season of any kind by sept/Oct then happy days. The rumours of the 5 starting soon are pie in the sky.

BostonBart22

All EIHL clubs will be in the same situation as us when its time to resume in sept/oct it will just be a case of keeping tabs on our players and see what comes available at the time, as a matter of intrest has our new coach moved on in a temp job before he arrives next season....