Government Announces Rescue Package

Jonesy83

I wonder if it will be a 10 way even split or just some kept for league promotion etc etc
Also be interesting to know how much of it is a loan

kingmo19.1

That's great news and much needed. At least my taxes are going to a worthwhile cause.

(I did chuckle to myself when reading that we're valued as being 4 x greater than Greyhound Racing !!!!!)

Wannabe2

Hopefully it ain’t a loan, as that’s crap, and also it’s a 10 way split as not 1 club in this league is more important than any other. Hoping it’s good news for the clubs, we wait in anticipation for good news.

Ejercito Rojas

Hopefully it ain’t a loan, as that’s crap, and also it’s a 10 way split as not 1 club in this league is more important than any other. Hoping it’s good news for the clubs, we wait in anticipation for good news.
I hope it’s not a 10 way even split as it’s meant to ensure that the 10 clubs survive the shutdown.
clearly, some clubs have much larger overheads (running costs) than others so each club needs to cover their own costs to ensure survival.
Each club should submit their legitimate cost to ensure their survival for scrutiny and validation to an EIHL auditing committee to ensure the money is divided up fairly.
If it is a loan, then the individual clubs should repay the capital amount plus any interest based upon the amount they claimed.

James

Administrator
It seems unclear if this would be direct to the Elite, available to all teams or just the English ones as it's Sport England

Kevlar68

Bit pointless if just for English teams though as EIHL has 10 teams, 5 of which aren't English, 2 of which have been most successful in recent years.
Lets hope it's to support all teams UK wide.

Hedd Wyn John

Bit pointless if just for English teams though as EIHL has 10 teams, 5 of which aren't English, 2 of which have been most successful in recent years.
Lets hope it's to support all teams UK wide.
Sport is devolved in Wales, Scotland & NI so I’d imagine it’s down to the devolved governments to announce funding for teams in their countries.

Earnie

More important , it is much more likely we will now get a season possibly starting next September. I am hopeful.
(I imply 3000 bums on seats season)

mjh

They've not reopened even when given green light anyway. Don't think they will for months yet. It's all quite subjective and rules contain huge contradictions. All I keep thinking is... Can't wait to be back at the IAW with the Puck about to drop. Its going to be awesome!