Upcoming season thoughts

august04

That league announcement on the 15th September is surely going to see the complete cancellation of the season - I have absolutely no doubt about that now. Lets hope we get a vaccine early next year and can then start again next Autumn. Depressing times....

moggy#9

That league announcement on the 15th September is surely going to see the complete cancellation of the season - I have absolutely no doubt about that now. Lets hope we get a vaccine early next year and can then start again next Autumn. Depressing times....
I agree that seems likely. While Joey Martin has made clear that it's a temporary arrangement for him, this appears to be the end. Even more saddening that we've not been able to say goodbye properly to some great players, as well as lordo.

Hedd Wyn John

With Caerphilly now in local lockdown I just can't see how the league can go on. All it needs is one local lockdown and it could throw any attempt to restart. How can anyone take that chance?

Mazzoak

Players are leaving, pretty obvious no season this year. Can’t see a normal season being played in 21/22.

Where does that leave the back room staff as basically the club doesn’t real exist at the moment beyond a name and 1 or 2 people, with Furlough ending soon, will those people remain in paid employment ?

Wannabe2

Agree I also think the season is done, but I am extremely optimistic about our line up in 21/22, and who wouldn’t be with our organisation. I think we certainly will keep most of our main core, and those we lose will be replaced in my mind admirably if that’s a word, if not tidily.

Mazzoak

I know it’s been said we’ve no outgoings, that’s not really true. There are 4 wages to find. I’m assuming thats at least £12,000 to £15,000 a month wage bill for basically doing very little.

Rhyan48

Agree I also think the season is done, but I am extremely optimistic about our line up in 21/22, and who wouldn’t be with our organisation. I think we certainly will keep most of our main core, and those we lose will be replaced in my mind admirably if that’s a word, if not tidily.
Know what your saying mate but I think this will effect the whole league more than we all know it’s other clubs that ain’t as lucky as us with owners like we have ! Just can see it taking a massive step back and a massive rebuild as things are going on we just have to be realistic

pjj365

For 2 Managers and 2 Directors. I’m neither and I clear £2,500 a month.
Looking at titles and typical salaries £12k per month does not appear far out excluding Franny who is part time
And that is only salary - add one pensions, NI, benefits -typically calculated as 33%

CaldicotDevil

Gatherings of more than 6 people banned in England from next week. A long way to go until thousands are let into an indoor arena...
Not surprised, last month they were encouraging us to go back to the pubs and eat out to help out, go back to gym, school and Uni. Don't work from home anymore and go back to the office because Pret A Manger were struggling to sell overpriced sandwiches. Now they're blaming the country because the cases are rising.

Earnie

I know it’s been said we’ve no outgoings, that’s not really true. There are 4 wages to find. I’m assuming thats at least £12,000 to £15,000 a month wage bill for basically doing very little.

i don’t agree with’doing very little’ - there is a lot to do.
The main one is keeping the fan based engaged. There are all the players to deal with , both those who we think are ours and those who are not and all the individual complications . The equipment to take care of and sell off as may be the case. New equipment when the time comes. Accommodation and cars...... Do we not manage the Arena? Viola things to take down. That is just off the top of my head - I am sure there is much more.

Wannabe2

i don’t agree with’doing very little’ - there is a lot to do.
The main one is keeping the fan based engaged. There are all the players to deal with , both those who we think are ours and those who are not and all the individual complications . The equipment to take care of and sell off as may be the case. New equipment when the time comes. Accommodation and cars...... Do we not manage the Arena? Viola things to take down. That is just off the top of my head - I am sure there is much more.
Agree with you Earnie, I reckon the office staff have a ton of things to do, and most of those we probably couldn’t even think of. Todd has probably been engaged most days with league issues and so on, so that’s probably him out of the equation, it’s not a case of locking doors and going home, far from it.

Kevlar68

Of course there's still loads to do bit stupid to say " doing very little ".
Things don't happen just 2 weeks before the season starts.
So now we're looking at maybe the season starting in 9 months time with friendlies.
There's sponsorship's needing to be found, players to be scouted, suppliers contracts, merchandise suppliers, Uni study places, housing, i could go on but won't bore everyone.
Its not like they call one person and accept a deal, job done, i know sponsors can take months to find and players, we still need a coach don't forget.
So you need a backroom team for all this, even during a normal season while its happening you still look to the next so all is in place.
And lets not forget their job will be even harder trying to sell sponsorship's with not knowing when the next season will start, that's a difficult task by itself.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Of course there's still loads to do bit stupid to say " doing very little ".
Things don't happen just 2 weeks before the season starts.
So now we're looking at maybe the season starting in 9 months time with friendlies.
There's sponsorship's needing to be found, players to be scouted, suppliers contracts, merchandise suppliers, Uni study places, housing, i could go on but won't bore everyone.
Its not like they call one person and accept a deal, job done, i know sponsors can take months to find and players, we still need a coach don't forget.
So you need a backroom team for all this, even during a normal season while its happening you still look to the next so all is in place.
And lets not forget their job will be even harder trying to sell sponsorship's with not knowing when the next season will start, that's a difficult task by itself.
And don't forget there'll be a range of people who do stuff for the club who aren't directly on the payroll - such as accountants and solicitors. I would imagine that player and sponsorship contracts would be a particularly sensitive areas at the moment.