Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

BostonBart22

Another great choice this game, great to see ex players on show again, Blight, Faulkner, Marsh, Kurka, Le costa in net, and Quiney anyone know what club he was at last season ?.... what a performence by Ben Davies , he was all over panties like a fly on shit, mind you panties were shit 5 nil drubbing, he also took a blind side sucker hit to the head by Jensen whos feet left the ice to clobber Ben, in my view a match ban plus bans at a later date by dops, but only got handed a 2 min penalty...thanks again Eagles 8.

I know this is digging up old graves but what was the whole situation regarding Pope/Regan in regards to the shit show that happened.. I had moved from Cardiff at this time and seeing Brent wearing that stupid hat behind the bench made me wonder!
If anyone can enlighten me i'd love to know

BostonBart22

I know this is digging up old graves but what was the whole situation regarding Pope/Regan in regards to the shit show that happened.. I had moved from Cardiff at this time and seeing Brent wearing that stupid hat behind the bench made me wonder!
If anyone can enlighten me i'd love to know
Regarding the hat ,seem to think it was a supersticous think, he was wearing all sorts to games at the time he was coach, regarding pope/regan era , the less said the better..

Eagles8

Thread starter #106
I know I have seen this many times but the Fluery and Courtney incedents are so entertaining and NASN deciding to put a Boniface reffing segment after their press conference is priceless. Never gets old watching this, be interesting to hear Todd's take on this game!

BostonBart22

Well just seen that, think it was a skylive game as well, credit to devils so disciplined in that game, especaily with voth and darby in our side, nice to see Garrow, Dewalle, Goulet, and Rempel, icing for us, never liked courtney but what a dick with his tantrum and Fleury didnt help the cause they both lost that game for the giants, in that era Boniface was the top ref , no messing about with him, could do with more like him, not sure how the bans went after that, but seem to remember fleury had his overturned and courtney just a few games ban, which couldve been 10 games or more, keep them coming Eagles 8..

E.D.S.

Be interested to get 44's take on the game and Boniface. Should have asked him when he took over twitter. It was cray.
Thanks for another walk down memory lane.

BostonBart22

Good game, but wow the standard of play by newcastle was shocking, thats not taking anything from devils performance but it couldve been 14 / 15 goals to our boys, Voth run that game start to finish, and what a finisher mark smith was, good to see domish playing for newcastle, sad he no longer here as he passed away a while ago...keep them coming Eagles 8 thankyou..

BostonBart22

like you said Eagles 8 something different , Ron Shudra and Shannon Hope so young looking as well, they both had some battles over the years..good to see some old clips as well on the highlight reel, loved Brebant as a Devil but hated his guts when he played for Durham, would gladly have given him a slap if i could get near him in some games at the WNIR...what a cheap shot player on times...