Cardiff Devils Flashbacks

BostonBart22

Another great game from the WNIR, wow that Black line of Thornton, Matulik and Hodge ,yet another shutout by Lyle in net, that atmosphere was so special at that rink , it will never be beaten on that score, thanks Eagles 8..

BostonBart22

Another cracking game, highlighted by a mega hit by dougie on plommer, Ruggles star of the show great wind up merchant, how things have changed with atmosphere, steelers having their arses whooped and their crowd were awesome even when losing, great game overall, thanks again Eagles 8..

BostonBart22

Another great game, the atmosphere from WNIR was so special our new homes since not a patch on it, and it was so strange to see a game played on an ice pad with no sponsors or logos, at least you could see the puck in those days, good choice Eagles 8.

BostonBart22

Great game again, good to see some devils legends, Prpich, Teplitsky, Silverthorn, Hartwick, Mciver, Latulippe, and strange to see Lyle and Thornton playing for Belfast, overall deserved winners after OT. good to see a no nonsense ref as well in Boniface...

august04

Always get a bit emotional when I watch a flashback match at the wales national ice rink. I loved that place. Wasn’t the prettiest or the biggest rink but I’ve got so many good memories of that place and what a fantastic location.
Totally agree. While the Viola Arena is modern, comfortable, clean etc - it will never hold a candle to the atmosphere that could be generated in the WNIR. We sometimes look back with rose tinted specs (and lack of investment meant it was run down by the end) but at times it was insane in there. A very special place that will live long in the memory, for those lucky enough to experience it.

Wannabe2

The WNIR will always be a very special place, it was the birthplace of the Devils and the place we all got educated in the best sport on the planet. This temple of a home had phenominal atmosphere, and all us students bought into it from the get go, from day one it was obvious this was really something special, and people went home thinking Jesus how cool was that, and couldn’t wait to return. And return we did in our droves and the foundations were laid for a truly amazing journey. We have amazing memories from the BBT, and the Viola is the best building we have ever had, but as one famous Scot once said the First Cut Is The Deepest, WNIR we will never forget you, and all the friendships that were born there, untrue memories.
Happy Hockey Days. ( Stay safe All )

jenks33

More great memories. We were a bloody good side that season, to be fair Sheffield were the best side though and won the league easily. Nice to see Travis Brigley playing for us. Crazy to think a couple of years after this he was in the same team as Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne etc

BostonBart22

Just watched the london game, wow they got the arses walloped in play and the physical side , typical london trying to goon it up at the end, good to see shuler and chasse in our side , both great players, that walker for london was one ugly mother effer, surprising mc sorley quiet on london bench..thanks eagle 8 again..

BostonBart22

v bison great game , end to end, ex devils merv priest and lee carson doing their bit for bison, bison had a tough cookie those days in sinclair , had the upper hand on most fights with mike ware, good to see randy smith for us, always a hot and cold player for me, best forward on the ice kevin conway for bison ex telford, as i said in previous posts devils need to sign his son, think he is classed as a brit as well, played for GB last season..