New Coach.....

pjj365

In his interview with their local radio Lordo did say he would adopt a "Cardiff approach" by not only offering a good on ice product but by going out into the community as well. He is aware that increasing attendance is an objective of their new owners

Mazzoak

The NHL blatantly refuse to look at successful European coaches, he will need to show some serious talent to get any chance of recognition.

Wannabe2

But if Lordo is successful in Greenville, he won’t just be a successful European coach. If Andrew makes it to the AHL, that will be a success story, wish him all the best.

Mazzoak

No shit. But why is that relevant?

Of course they don’t. It’s like saying why don’t Liverpool get their next manager from straight from League 2.
At this point in time he’s only ever coached in Europe, in the EIHL, not a top European league. It’s like a manager from Vysshaya Liga, joining an unsuccessful league 2 club in the hope of making the premiership. It could happen though

Wannabe2

The signings have nothing to do with the coach, the club want these signings and that’s what counts, at the moment you and everyone else don’t know who the coach is. He will inherit the signings we have made and that’s that he has to work with what he has, that’s the way it works.

osh

The signings have nothing to do with the coach, the club want these signings and that’s what counts, at the moment you and everyone else don’t know who the coach is. He will inherit the signings we have made and that’s that he has to work with what he has, that’s the way it works.
Not sure I totally agree with you saying the coach has nothing to do with signings tbh. At this stage, without a coach in place, the club have simply made solid signings of players they know well, and so far, its a good core of players to build on.
Behind the scenes who knows what’s going on, but when a coach is appointed, he will have given the club his intentions as to how he sees us going forward and undoubtedly will have suggested the type and style of hockey he intends to play.
I would go as far as to say that a new coach would wish to bring in players he has worked with at some stage Or players he has tried to sign previously, so, hence I disagree with the comment ‘signings have nothing to do with the coach’. Having said that, if we don’t bring in a coach until very late on, then Wannabe2 may be correct, most players would be signed at that time And he would just have to get on with it !

I disagree with the comment you have made about signings have nothing to do with the coach total rubbish,the signings so far have been great the new coach will want to have input on any player's that are still not signed

I disagree with the comment you have made about signings have nothing to do with the coach total rubbish,the signings so far have been great the new coach will want to have input on any player's that are still not signed
Sometimes wannabe talks silly.

Of course the coach will want his own players.

He says the club want these signings and that’s all that counts.
Well the new coach will be part of THIS CLUB so his opinion will matter

Wannabe2

My comments were about signing already made, Hockeymad9 said what if the new coach didn’t want players already signed, and I meant the signings already made would stand and he would inherit them whatever. Obviously if a guy is hired soon then future signings would probably go thru him, if he don’t arrive for awhile expect more signings to be announced maybe.

Earnie

Surely until the new coach is signed then the owners and Todd get on with it.
When the new coach is signed only then will he have a say it what Players come next.
The players that have been secured before his arrival are here to stay-and I put emphasis on the word ‘secured’.

Wannabe2

Surely until the new coach is signed then the owners and Todd get on with it.
When the new coach is signed only then will he have a say it what Players come next.
The players that have been secured before his arrival are here to stay-and I put emphasis on the word ‘secured’.
Thats what I meant Earnie, just didn’t put it as elequant as your self. Thank you.

Mazzoak

Not exactly a stellar record in his last job according to Wikipedia.
Depends on the league, the structure of the team. Not as simple and basic as that. You’ve got to compare our league with others. If he’s coaching a team at the bottom of a league rated lower than the EIHL, then yes you may have a point. A coach from the bottom finishing team in a top flight league would still out coach anything in the EIHL.