Rumour mill

Lord signed a 5 year deal this time last year.
The deal is a five-year agreement that gives Lord the option to move onto another league if the right opportunity comes up with a window after the season to pursue opportunities that may present themselves.
“There is a specific time frame every off-season that means he cannot leave past a certain deadline date.
“The date is set late enough to give him time to look into coaching opportunities in other leagues, but early enough to ensure the Devils will have plenty of time to find a coach if he did decide to leave.
“This option will take affect after this 2019-20 season.”
The contract includes an ownership stake in the team that is triggered if he stays for another two years in Cardiff.

moggy#9

Lord signed a 5 year deal this time last year.
The deal is a five-year agreement that gives Lord the option to move onto another league if the right opportunity comes up with a window after the season to pursue opportunities that may present themselves.
“There is a specific time frame every off-season that means he cannot leave past a certain deadline date.
“The date is set late enough to give him time to look into coaching opportunities in other leagues, but early enough to ensure the Devils will have plenty of time to find a coach if he did decide to leave.
“This option will take affect after this 2019-20 season.”
The contract includes an ownership stake in the team that is triggered if he stays for another two years in Cardiff.
If he is off, I would hope there'd be a compensation agreement.

august04

Given the report that he turned down the Innsbruck job yesterday, I think this press conference is to announce that he’s staying in Cardiff. Otherwise I think they would have just made a statement on the website that he’s going and that would be it.

moggy#9

Given the report that he turned down the Innsbruck job yesterday, I think this press conference is to announce that he’s staying in Cardiff. Otherwise I think they would have just made a statement on the website that he’s going and that would be it.
I'm not convinced. The wheeling nailers announcement later today, and the fact that their new assistant is an ex player, seems too much of a coincidence.

jenks33

He must be off to wheeling as assistant. That announcement on wheelings twitter page looks like too much of a coincidence. If so I’m a little disappointed that he’s leaving for that role. I always assumed he would leave for another head coach role. We’ll see though

Devilsatw

He turned down the innsbruck job your right

It seems hes off to nailers now

He must be off to wheeling as assistant. That announcement on wheelings twitter page looks like too much of a coincidence. If so I’m a little disappointed that he’s leaving for that role. I always assumed he would leave for another head coach role. We’ll see though
If Lord wants to coach in NA I think he needs to take a stepping stone job like a assistant role and build his profile in NA. He's too far off the radar in the EIHL to get a head coach role.

If he does go I wish him all the best and can't thank him enough for what he's done. However if he starts taking Bowns, Riley, Fourns or Jardine with him it's going to tarnish what he's achieved with us.

jenks33

Why would Lordo leave to take up a assistant coach job for a ECHL team, surely that’s a step backward.
That’s my thinking. I suppose there are positives - closer to home, more of a shop window for opportunities in the AHL, played for wheeling so knows the organisation. It just seems like an underwhelming role to leave for. Always thought he would leave for another head coach role in a better league

moggy#9

That’s my thinking. I suppose there are positives - closer to home, more of a shop window for opportunities in the AHL, played for wheeling so knows the organisation. It just seems like an underwhelming role to leave for. Always thought he would leave for another head coach role in a better league
Another aspect is that I'd be far more confident about hockey happening in North America next season than in the UK or Europe.