Who thinks the league will complete its games

Kevlar68

They could deduct those games off next seasons price for repeat season ticket holders. That may be their easiest options than refunds. Game bought tickets would have to be refunded.
Another thing the devil's may have to think about is Playoff refunds and the £5 handling.

Gazr76

I also think (in line with what has just happend to the NBA) if a player in the elite league tests positive that will be it. Season suspended.

E.D.S.

I might get flamed for this one but in my mind the cost of the season ticket is a sunk cost. I've already spent it. I'll never see it again and given the fragility of hockey in this country and the financial strains on all clubs, including ours, I 'd have no problem with no refund. That's not because I have money to burn, I really don't. Whilst the health of the general public takes precedence over everything and games should be cancelled in my mind, the health/stability of hockey in the UK comes next for me. If I have to write off the final four games then so be it. I don't want a refund. Knowing Todd and this organisation, if that did happen there would be some sort of gesture from the club anyway but there's a bigger picture here for me. I also don't see how the Playoffs will go ahead given the rate and anticipated spread of the virus.

Wannabe2

I might get flamed for this one but in my mind the cost of the season ticket is a sunk cost. I've already spent it. I'll never see it again and given the fragility of hockey in this country and the financial strains on all clubs, including ours, I 'd have no problem with no refund. That's not because I have money to burn, I really don't. Whilst the health of the general public takes precedence over everything and games should be cancelled in my mind, the health/stability of hockey in the UK comes next for me. If I have to write off the final four games then so be it. I don't want a refund. Knowing Todd and this organisation, if that did happen there would be some sort of gesture from the club anyway but there's a bigger picture here for me. I also don't see how the Playoffs will go ahead given the rate and anticipated spread of the virus.
I am totally with you, that money is spent if things go turtle I won’t need a refund either, I would prefer the club to have it after all it would be beyond their fault. Our guys do their very best to look after us, and we are all in this together.

Swarley

I am totally with you, that money is spent if things go turtle I won’t need a refund either, I would prefer the club to have it after all it would be beyond their fault. Our guys do their very best to look after us, and we are all in this together.
Way I see it is if they shut it down but play behind closed doors I'd be happy with them keeping my money from my season ticket so long as they offered me a stream to watch the games on for free

Devils86

First POFW for me, travel and hotel with RedArmy. Nightmare.

How about we hold it at the Viola instead? Come in under the 5k guidance on crowds lol (obviously not serious suggestion)

With the regular season being only a few weeks left I would think they would complete games behind closed doors with ticket holders being offered streams as part of a refund for purchased tickets. As long as no players get the virus...then it’s a whole different matter.

Whether POFW would be done behind closed doors who knows - but the issue with providing streams for that would be that PremierSports have the exclusive rights again like the Challenge Cup.

Finny

I'd be very surprised if we got to finish the league season. In my head there is almost no chance of the Playoffs going ahead.

It's just a matter of time before the government move us to the next stage of their response to Coronavirus which will see large events (such as sport) banned. There were rumours that announcement was going to come today - but so far nothing.
I've seen lots of criticism of the EIHL not doing anything but they are just following government advice. Look at football - which itself is split.
The Premier League are already planning on continuing the season but behind closed doors. The Football League on the otherhand don't want this as the loss of ticket revenue would be devastating for most clubs.

Unless we get an announcement in the next couple of hours I'd guess this weekend's games will go ahead as normal. Spectators will then be banned and it will be up to the EIHL to decide whether they can carry on by playing games behind closed doors.

pjj365

I'd be very surprised if we got to finish the league season. In my head there is almost no chance of the Playoffs going ahead.

It's just a matter of time before the government move us to the next stage of their response to Coronavirus which will see large events (such as sport) banned. There were rumours that announcement was going to come today - but so far nothing.
I've seen lots of criticism of the EIHL not doing anything but they are just following government advice. Look at football - which itself is split.
The Premier League are already planning on continuing the season but behind closed doors. The Football League on the otherhand don't want this as the loss of ticket revenue would be devastating for most clubs.

Unless we get an announcement in the next couple of hours I'd guess this weekend's games will go ahead as normal. Spectators will then be banned and it will be up to the EIHL to decide whether they can carry on by playing games behind closed doors.
COBRA meeting started at 1315 today - watch this space

Finny

Ahhh.. that would explain no announcement yet!

GBs games with Poland have been cancelled though. And it is expected the IIHF will confirm the cancellation of the Men's World Championships later today.

tim78

Bums on seat is term derived from gate sales. I'm sure for the games to proceed webcast providers would reach an agreement with each team to ensure a reasonable revenue is returned, otherwise both business's will lose out.

Question would be would the webcast be drowned out by the volume (albeit for the clubs that provide that service).

Gazza272

Bums on seat is term derived from gate sales. I'm sure for the games to proceed webcast providers would reach an agreement with each team to ensure a reasonable revenue is returned, otherwise both business's will lose out.

Question would be would the webcast be drowned out by the volume (albeit for the clubs that provide that service).

With advanced notice Webcast providers can put things in place to ensure things run smoothly, Friday night against the Steelers for example saw increased traffic, but everything went well.

Nice of you all to put us in the firing line of going outside though! thanks! :D

kingmo19.1

Considering the news out of Scotland, maybe the EIHL will adopt the following stance:-

Allow clubs to still sell tickets for the games, but you are in effect buying a ticket for the webcast and the games still go-ahead behind closed doors (on the premiss that all required parties are negative)!